2nd July 1899

It was already past midnight when Albus was on his way back home. He didn't particularly want to go back into that house full of tension and anger and pain when he could have stayed and slept at Gellert's, listening to his breath close to his ear. He had proposed it to him, but in the end the young English wizard had been overcome by feelings of guilt and had set off for home.

He was too tired to argue with his brother, but he still feared that it would be impossible to do otherwise. He opened the door using his wand so as not to make any noise, but there was still no way to avoid Aberforth. The younger of the Dumbledore brothers was seated at the kitchen table, which Albus had to pass to go up to his room.

He paused for a moment, ready to hear his brother scream at his face, but Aberforth barely seemed to notice him, he was lost in his thoughts, his brow furrowed slightly. Albus was about to ask him if anything had happened, but in the end he went up the stairs without saying a word.

He lay down on the bed weighed down by a pleasant feeling of tiredness and satisfaction, he was in love, inspired and, above all, he was no longer alone. Despite the numerous yawns that escaped him he couldn't close his eyes. He kept thinking about the wonderful days he was having with Gellert and all the steps forward they had made in the last few hours. They had talked for a long time about how to shape the new healthy society they would create and somehow Albus was convinced that once they reached their goal everything would be okay. A spark of hope had lit up in him even for Ariana. Although he almost never allowed his mind to follow thoughts in that direction, he knew that no obscurial had ever survived to adulthood, but he dared to hope that with the Elder wand, the invincible wand , he could find a solution.

He realised that as much as he didn't like the sound of the word, an initial domination over Muggles was inevitable. There would be no way to control their fear otherwise, they would go mad. He allowed himself to imagine for just a second the looks of Muggles, full of disgust and terror if they saw one of his sister's outbreaks, it would be disastrous.

Gellert hadn't seemed at all disturbed by this idea of domination, but Albus found that it weighed on his conscience. He knew that the young German wizard would stop at nothing once he got something in his head, if in Durmstrang he had been ready to jump off a precipice to get the Elder Wand, he wouldn't hesitate even to temporarily subdue the Muggles on the way to a better world.

The auburn haired rose from the bed and rummaged through the papers on his desk for an empty parchment, then wrote:

"Gellert—

Your point about Wizard dominance being FOR THE MUGGLE'S OWN GOOD - this, I think, is the crucial point. Yes, we have been given power and yes, that power gives us the right to rule, but it also gives us responsibilities over the ruled. We must stress this point, it will be the foundation stone upon which we build. Where we are opposed, as we surely will be, this must be the basis of all our counterarguments. We seize control FOR THE GREATER GOOD. And from this it follows that where we meet resistance, we must use only the force that is necessary and no more. (This was your mistake at Durmstrang! But I do not complain, because if you had not been expelled, we would never have met.)

Albus "(1)

With a low whistle he called his owl to which he entrusted the letter, only after that he finally managed to enjoy a well deserved sleep.

He enjoyed a deep sleep for a couple of hours and when he woke up to the light of the sun illuminating the room he felt rested and refreshed. He dressed quickly with the intention of going to Gellert right away, but when he went downstairs he found his brother at the door, it was as if Aberforth had been waiting for him on purpose.