26. A Terrible Decision?

ADYA POV

~ the next day ~

"Excuse me, what?"

Ashi yelled when I told them about my plans to visit my family in India, we were all sitting in Vincent's office, and it appears that none of them were pleased. Ares' jaw was clenched, and I could tell he was enraged. Vincent and Adam were both silent, and Ashi was, well, Ashi.

"You heard me, Ashi."

"Yes, I did, and you can now hear me too. You're not going back to India. That's the only thing there is to it. End of discussion"

"After all, it's not up to you! It's completely up to me. I need to go there because I have some unfinished business. I'm not going to be there for long; I'll only be there for a few days."

"I said no, Adya! And what kind of unfinished business do you have?"

"I- I'm sorry, but I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"Could you please put some brains into this woman's head, Ares?"

Ashi stated as she looked at Ares. When I looked at him, he was already staring at me. He clenched his jaw and poked his inner cheeks. I could tell he was struggling to keep his rage in check.

"Is it important?" 

He whispered

"Yes"

"Could you explain us what it is?"

"Ares, I'm afraid I can't -"

"Either you tell us or you're not going,"

"I wish I could, but I'm afraid I won't be able to -"

He answered calmly, 

"Then don't expect us to let you leave."

I sighed and turned to face him.

"I have to tell our families about Aditya and me, and I just want to put this behind me and live happily with Ares here,"

I looked at him and said

"All right, you can do it now. Just don't get in touch with them at all-'

"I CAN'T ASHI! I LEFT WITHOUT EXPLAINING! AND WITH ADITYA'S PARENTS, I CANNOT DO THIS"

"THEY WEREN'T GOOD TO YOU-"

"THEY WERE!" 

I sighed and took a deep breath.

"I hate myself for not providing Aditya's parents an explanation and leaving them behind. They were nothing but loving and kind to me. This is something I can't do with them."

The room was deafeningly quiet. Adam remained silent till he spoke.

"Do you believe they'll listen to you after all these years, Adya?"

"They have no choice. I'd already called his mother's number-"

"You called his mother?" 

Ashi was the one who inquired.

"Yes-"

"I can't believe what I'm hearing! You called her! You fucked up and called her number. Dammit! WHY DO YOU KEEP RETURNING TO THAT HASSLE? WHY DO YOU WANT TO DIE SO BADLY?"