| · - Truth - · |

Hot breath hit [Name's] neck , as they turn and see Kaeya's smirking face , quite close to the crook of their neck , leaning into their personal space further .

" Mind if we talk for a bit , darling ? "

" Sssure . "

 ─┉─ • ─┉─

" You work in the Adventurer's Guild , right ? "

" In fact I do , Cavalry Captian . " [Name] replied , slipping off the formality as naturally as seeming possible .

Meanwhile , they were freaking out .

' Did he connect me and the cat ?! '

Kaeya seems to pause before laughing , turning back to the person with a smile .

" No need for the formalities . Now , what is your name ? "

" [Name] [Surname .] Are you here to interrogate me like the red-haired bartender ? "

A new voice pops into the conversation , seemingly surprised . 

" Diluc interrogated you ? "

Turning to the voice , [Name] was met with an angry look from Aether , and a shell-shocked Paimon .

" He was asking about where I was from , I think he was planning to get information . "

Aether seems to tense up , before letting a strained smile pass his lips . Turning on his heel , he walks to the door of the Tavern .

" I will be right back , " he utters , before slamming the door shut behind him .

Oh .

Oh no .

Quickly rushing out the door , Aether was stopped with a hand gripping his arm .

" I need to talk to you about something . " [Name] whispers , making the male tilt his head in confusion .

" What is it ? "

" I need to tell you something more important than this whole situation . " [Name] says quietly , feeling the stiffening of the male from the hand still placed on his arm .

" Let's go . " Is all he says , before practically dragging the person outside of Mondstadt .

.

" I suggest leaving for a bit , Paimon . This is between me and Aether . " [Name] solemnly states , before Paimon turns with a huff .

" Paimon will be gathering sweetflowers , then ! " They said , before beginning to float off .

".. Aether , I need you to promise not to hate me , " [Name] states , before looking up at an angered Aether .

" It depends on what you have been withholding . "

..

[Name] sighs , looking up to meet Aether in the eyes .

" I am an outlander , too . "

Shock flashes in Aether's eyes , before narrowing them and looking back at Aether .

" I died , back in my world . I believe some god put me here for whatever reason , and it may be to help you, Aether . I also want to accompany you to try and see why I am in this world . "

[Name] looks for a reaction , but seems scared from the inquisitive and observing look from Aether . Anger seems to be set in his eyes , but his demeanor contrasts his eyes , seeming more open to explanation .

" I came back as a cat , funnily enough . Kaeya found me , and Diluc also took care of me for a while . I can trust you with this information , and I want to tell you before something happens . "

Aether blinks , the anger relinquishing from his eyes , as the feeling is replaced with sadness .

" You don't know why you are here either , do you ? "

" Well , most likely because I hit by a car . "

" Car ? "

" Ah , a machine carriage . . ? "

" That sounds awesome ! " Aether said , stars literally surrounding his eyes . 

" I-I mean the cars ! Not you getting 'hit' by one and dying ! " Aether quickly elaborates .

.

Laughing ensues , as Paimon arrives to Aether and [Name] joking between themselves together . 

" Paimon is back - HEY ! PAIMON THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE BEING SERIOUS ! "

.

" They're not from this world ? That explains it ! "

" When did you get here ? What are you , a witch ? "

" Calm down . I am not here to fight you , currently . Plus , I'm an Astrologist , not a witch !"

" I see . Why are you here then ? "

" I am here for that person  next to the traveler . Why are you here ? "

" I'm .. ...

it's nothing . "