Chapter 61

It was twenty minutes later when Saitama and Mitsumi walked out of the bedroom. They had undressed, bathed and came back out in civilian clothes of basic shirts and shorts. He moved straight to his spot on the couch with her to let her nestle into his side. He sighed and finally started to relax with her.

The others went to their rooms for now, and King was comforting Kianna from her excitement about finally getting cured. All they had to do was wait for Inichi to return to them, and Child Emperor was preparing the cure for administering it. Lightning Max decided to head down into the basement part of the home on hearing about the treasure there.  He wanted to secure it in full.

"You really wanna see that temple later?" Saitama asked.

"I do. Don't you?" she asked and trailed a finger up his chest.

"We'll see how we are. Because if you fall asleep, I'm not waking you up," he smiled and kissed her forehead.

"That attack we did...for a moment I thought my body was ready to combust! Then you punched and it carried that feeling away," she admitted.

"Oh? Huh. I didn't feel it. But I'm glad it helped you. I'll make sure to always be at your side for attacks like that. I still want to test everything we can do, but I don't want other heroes to muscle in," he yawned.

"At this rate, I think you may fall asleep before me," she chuckled and rested against him. "I could use something to eat, though."

"I can prepare you a Peking duck dish. I'll de-bone it, though," Orotsu said and got to work. Zenchu was relaxing on a couch and enjoying a mental chat with Wind Crane. He was still on alert in case Mitsumi needed something. When her small meal was ready, he was quick to give it to her. Saitama shared it with her before handing the empty dish back to him. He ended up yawning again, though. He was clearly exhausted.

"Hmm...I'll ask Inichi to pick up more fish. Wind Crane needs it. I was thinking we could make a giant feeding dish for her at some point. Tsuruga and Shenjou may be able to help with that," Zenchu said. "Oh...a challenge for Inichi! I wonder if he can search for the largest tuna out there for Neutral Grounds..."

"I'm sending him that challenge right now," Orotsu chuckled with delight at the idea. "And...he accepts it."

"Oh! I still want deer!" Mitsumi said.

"He's almost done sending people home. He'll snag one on the way here. I'll prepare a place for it outside," Orotsu said and was quick to grab several carving knives and a bucket to collect the blood.

"Tacki may want the skin and antlers.  It would also be interesting to see if we can get some of the bones.  Save those?" Zenchu asked. Orotsu nodded and went outside to make an area to carve up game and fish. "We should make a shed for such a thing..."

"We could," Mitsumi smiled. She looked at Saitama to find him asleep. She sighed and gently moved herself from his side.

"Is that wise?" Zenchu asked softly.

"I just...need a little time for myself. Like before," she smiled.

"Suiryu is in his room upstairs, if I remember. Okay. I'll watch over you. But if Saitama throws a fit, it's on you," Zenchu said. She nodded and was able to slip on her sandals before going outside with him. He was quick to snag the romance book that was brought from her room in City X for her to read. When she went to the bench she sat at before, she paused to find it broken. "Sweet Mask broke that one when he attacked Saitama. I saw a spare, but I'm not leaving you alone. Too risky."

"Okay," she frowned. Wind Crane landed next to her to show she was going to keep watch. Now Zenchu nodded and moved off quickly to replace the bench.

"All alone?" a voice said in a distance. Mitsumi frowned and turned to find Speed-o'-Sound Sonic standing there. He was able to replace his clothing, and he had his arms crossed over his chest. Wind Crane let out a small growl and hovered over Mitsumi protectively.