Chapter 33 - Berk's Great Harvest

(Toothless POV)

Today was going to be the big harvest in Berk. Every year there is a harvest of all crops grown. It was a big tradition. It was been happening for years. Hiccup and I were ready to set up the event. There were crops all over Berk. Wheat, pumpkin, watermelon, beets, and a lot of other crops. There were many people ready for the big harvest. It was the biggest holiday beside Snougltog. (I most likely spelt that very wrong) People gathered all around ready for the harvest.

 "You ready bud?" Hiccup asked me. I nod my head. I was always excited to do these types of events. There were fun and made me not worry about other problems. "Let the great harvest begin!" Hiccup said to the crowd. Everyone let out a big cheer and began the harvest. There were people all over gathering all sorts of crops. 

The fields were stock piled with every fruit and vegetable imaginable. We may not even have enough storage to fit all of it. Most dragons pull out the pumpkins and watermelons since those are the hardest and heaviest to pull out of the ground. I go over to a few other dragons and pull out a few watermelon. After, you pull out the crop you put in a wagon or crate and roll it in to the storage area. I rolled the watermelon to a wagon and left it there. I couldn't pick it up and put it on the wagon because I would just crush it if I tried.

 I pulled out a few more watermelon and pumpkin from the ground. This event was always very calming and took my mind off all the other things. Like the attacks and things I will have to do in the future. It was just a nice calming thing to so.

 That's why I like it so much! I rolled the rest of the watermelon and pumpkins toward the wagons. There were at least 30 of each. Multiple wagons were probably needed to transport all of the fruit. I decide to go to the wheat field to help some humans put it in crates. Wheat is very light so I can easily pick it up without crushing it. 

There were stock piles of wheat all over the place. It looked like hills of wheat that's how big the piles were. I put some wheat in the crates. I tried to fill as much wheat in the crates as I could. We had to use the most space we could since we had limited crates this time. Most of them were destroyed during the time Krogan attacked us some months ago.

 I pushed the crates into a little place near the storage compartment. This was definitely going to take a while. Some harvests have taken days to finish. I feel like this one is going to be one of them. The farmers have worked so hard that there are a surplus of every type of crop. I took a quick look up from the sky to see the harvest from the air. It looked amazing. All the colors of the fruit looked like a big rainbow. The fields were still filled with wheat. This is definitely going to take awhile. Berk looked better than ever. Houses, buildings and farms were rebuilt after Krogan's attack. 

They looked better than they ever did. I decide to fly back down to help harvest some more fruit. The watermelon and pumpkin were basically done already. Most dragons do those first since the humans cant really pull them out of the ground. There were wagons filled to the brim with watermelon and pumpkins. The wheat and beets take the longest to harvest.

 There are so many of them that it takes hundreds of people just to make a small dent into the fields. The wheat was important because most foods here in Berk required a lot of wheat for them to be made. I know this was going to be an amazing day. I loved harvesting crops for some reason. I don't know why but it's one of my favorite things to do in the entire year!

Chapter 33 is finished. Another from Toothless's POV. We have not really seen much about him since Lopi left Berk. Most of this book I wanted to focus more on Lopi and Furia then Toothless and Berk. Have a good day. 2 more chapters left! I am running out of ideas holy sheisety.

Word Count: 747