12. Sick

A knock came on the door that led to the outside from this room. Beatrice opened the door, and a guy walked in. He was the same guy from before who took Sage out to somewhere for punishment. I think his name is Fin and he is the one Beatrice sent to my village. I took a step in their direction a little, excited and worried. I'm excited to hear the good news and worried about the bad news. He glanced my way and nodded at me as a sign of respect.

"I went to her village, and her father is fine, some baker. I think his name was ..." He tried to remember his name.

"Mr Tumbler," I spoke up.

"Yes, that man helped him on time, and the wound wasn't that deep, so it wasn't serious, and he is on his way to recovery. A boy named Billy is staying with him to take care of him, " he told me, and I exhaled the breath, which I didn't know I was holding. Thank God!

"Thank you so much, I will never forget your goodwill," I said gratefully. He smiled a little at me but then glanced at Beatrice.

"A moment please," he said and went outside.

"I will be back," she said with a smiled patting my cheek kindly as I looked happy for the first time in days.

As she went out, I looked around the place and opened different shelfs to see different herbs as their names were written on the jars. When I reached the last shelf that was in the corner, it had a small lock on it, which was weird because all the other shelves were open. Curiosity took me towards it, and to my luck, the lock was opened, and I opened the shelf. There were beautiful blue colored flowers kept in the jar. It was dark blue, a beautiful shade of blue. I felt so attracted toward it and held the jar in my hands.

I opened its lid and picked the flowers in my hand, and sniffed it. Its smell was not like the way it looked. It has pungent odor, making me gag. I threw it inside the jar and closed the lid, putting it in its place. As I closed the shelf door, the room door opened from the inside. I immediately turned around. It was Beatrice and Achilles. Thank God they didn't see me opening that jar or else Beatrice will think I am prying off.

"Let's go." he looked at me and said in his usual stoic face. I huffed.

"I think I am better off here," I said as I avoided looking at him.

"Now," his voice boomed, and I flinched a little at it.

"Jesus, fine," I said, so I'm done with him and his temper.

I hugged Beatrice and whispered, "Thank you in her ear so that only she can hear." She smiled at me as I smiled back at her.

"I will see you tomorrow," I said to her, and she nodded.

"Take care of her," she warned her son, who just went out.

"This boy!" Her mother complained lightly.

I followed him out and I saw him standing a few steps away from the cottage waiting for me as I was out he starts walking and I walked behind him which annoys me so I ran a little to get ahead of him and smirked at my little victory. I am not weaker than him, I am equal to him. I told myself. He sighed deeply, not liking my action.

"You are something else," he said, and I glared at him.

I felt an itching sensation on my arms, and I started scratching. It started from my hand and then towards my whole arm. I rubbed a little at my clothed arm. I also felt a little itching on my face on my cheeks.