Chapter 13: Sapphire and I

Sapphire was now my permanent dance partner rather than just a temporary fill-in. We were slowly improving our performances, but still had a fair way to go. Together, we had a different style to what Jena and I had had. It was a lot less vigorous, much more gentle and maybe a bit more graceful.

We were also seeing each other occasionally away from the dance school. Nothing serious, just a coffee or a lunch. Towards the end of the year, she asked me to a party at her flat. I declined with some lame excuse about needing to study.

The fact was that I was feeling increasingly uncertain as to what I was doing and where I was going. I loved dancing, but somehow it didn't seem the same anymore without Jena.

I completed my first year at uni, doing sports training and physiotherapy. I had a fairly lengthy commute to the uni because I was still living at home, but I'd not managed to find anything cheap that was closer. Then Sapphire made me an offer.

"Garth, my flatmate has moved out. You can come and share with me if you like."

Bloody hell, this was dangerous and could lead into unknown territory. In fact, I reckoned it was inevitable that we would end up in the sack together if we started sharing. Sapphire was a gorgeous chick and we had now been dancing together for around twelve months. I already had the hots for her; I wouldn't be able to resist.

Well, I was now nineteen years of age and thought of myself as a man, so don't be a wuss, do it, I said to myself.

"Yes."

It was almost instant - we became boyfriend and girlfriend, a couple, living together. It was good; the sex was terrific.

I found out more about Sapphire. She came from a very wealthy family and she owned the flat that we were living in - a gift from her parents who also provided her with a generous monthly allowance. She was going to the same uni as I was, but only part-time - "I like to have plenty of free time, love."

She also liked to socialise, and steadily over our first year together she drew me more and more into it.

Nevertheless, I managed to scrap through most of my uni exams.