EPILOGUE🥂

“Aren't you meant to be on your honeymoon or something?!” Jumoke's voice sprang up from the kitchen as the sound of her yawning followed before she arrived with a bottle of water and plate of sliced apples.

It was the day after Demilade's wedding, and her honeymoon flight got postponed till the next day, so she decided to spend the morning after her wedding, unwrapping presents with her husband and best friends.

“Ohhhh, come on. Stop whining and get over here” Demilade called out as she waved a sleepy Jumoke over.

“People will think you are the one that was explored all night by your newly wedded husband” Demilade joked with a chuckle as Jumoke shook her head scrunching up her face in disgust.

“Gee, spare me the details, Lade.”Jumoke said as Demilade raised an eyebrow at her expecting Jumoke to say something else.

Jumoke just plopped unto the couch as she opened up the bottle of water.

“But Jummy, honestly, una never, you know...” Demilade trailed off questioningly as Jumoke shot her head towards her friend in awe.

“Demilade, please. Not this morning” Jumoke told Demilade's clearly embarrassed by her question.

Truthfully, Joel had once made that move but she admitted to him that she wasn't sure she was ready.

It wasn't as if she didn't trust him enough or something, she just didn't feel ready.

Afterall, before they started dating, she was  the girl who had only ever kissed twice in her life and both from the same person.

The door bell rang as Jumoke jerked up, in excitement rushing towards the door.

“See her. Better don't fall down” Demilade's yelled as Jumoke hurriedly found her way to the door, opening it up.

Jumoke's face fell in disappointment as she was faced with the smirking figure of Kunle.

“Wahala o!! So you are not happy to see me?!” Kunle asked as Jumoke rolled her eyes, walking back inside as Demilade couldn't help but let out laughter.

Jumoke had drastically changed and this made her friends happy. She related more with them and was now able to have time for everything else asides her work. Though must of that time had to deal with Joel, it was still a progress.

Demilade's loved this giddy and excited side of her friend as she was now in a loving relationship.

Demilade's eyes shot towards the ring on Jumoke's finger, which Jumoke had unknowingly been touching all this while.

Joel had proposed early enough. He didn't want to waste time with Jumoke and this showed Jumoke, he was really serious about her.

“Gettat!” Jumoke commented playfully as she waved Kunle away as he laughed at her attitude.

“He is getting something from the car o, the person you would be happy to see.” Kunle told Jumoke as her eyes widened with that obvious sparkle in them.

Jumoke immediately sprinted out the door, using her eyes to search for where their car was parked.

Then her eyes landed on him.

He was facing the car, examining a little scratch on the car's hood.

Her smile broadened as she ran towards him, and hugged him from behind as Joel could immediately tell who it was.

He unclasped her hand which was wrapped around him before turning to face her, giving her a hug.

“Did you miss me?!” He asked as chuckle escaped his lips as Jumoke responded with a hum, as her face was still buried into his chest.