Ch. 3

It was a brisk summer day in Arizona, low humidity and a nice breeze. I woke up at 10, just in time for brunch at my best friend Alisha's house. A message dinged on my phone from her saying I better hurry or her mom wasn't going to make the special bacon anymore for us. I replied saying I would be there soon.

So, I pulled on a loose t-shirt from brandy Melville and some high waisted festival shorts with rips in them from Abercrombie. The white high top converse added my finishing touch. I brushed my long bleach-blonde hair into a fishtail braid. I did my face care routine brushed my teeth. I ran downstairs and kissed my Mom and Dad goodbye. I got my cars
keys off the hook and then I was off to my best friend Ashlie's house for brunch.

I was 16 so I could drive my own car and I loved every second of it. Just opening up the door and plopping into the leather seat of my own car made me feel happy. I always turned up the jams once I got out of my driveway. It was awesome.

My yellow jeep is a sleek looking car that I got when I turned 16 this past month. I keep it clean and shiny, just how I like it.

As I was riding to Alisha's house, i had to stop at a red light. Next to me was a car full of boys. They looked to be about 18, some pretty cute. None of them were hot as my boyfriend though so I kept looking ahead. They honked their horn and Laughed at me.

"Hey beautiful" one of the guys said to me.

I felt my face turn red. I hated when guys told me this. Of course I was flattered, but it was very embarrassing as other people could hear our conversation! I had taken the doors off my jeep so I couldn't just roll up the window and ignore them. Ugh...

"Um, hi." I said.

"Your so hot," another guy told me.

This really made me feel uncomfortable and I didn't want to talk to them at all. I felt as if the light would never change. Just as another guy was going to talk to me, finally the light changed. I sped out of there as quick as I could but they were still following me. I started to panic so I sped up my speed again. By this time I was almost at my friends house as she only lived about a half a mile away. I turned onto her road and hoped they wouldn't follow me. I was about to call her and tell her to unlock her front door now, but they never turned onto her street after me. I was relieved and I slowly eased into her driveway looking at my phone to text her I was here. When I looked up and was getting my things together, I noticed a bright red sign on their lawn. I popped my door open and jumped out. It said: For Sale.

I started to freak out and I ran onto her front porch and banged on the door. I could hear her dog named bubbles barking and then footsteps coming down the stairs. She opened the door quickly.

"Gosh, you trying to break my door down or something? My baby brother Zach is still sleeping! We have to be quiet," Alisha said.

"YOUR MOVING?!? WHAT THE HECK!" I screamed. "Why didn't you tell me about this?!??!" I yelled even louder.

"Girls please quiet down, Zach is sleeping!" Alisha's mom said.

"Yes mom we will be quieter, I'm sorry," Alisha said. "Let's go upstairs and talk in my room, and stop yelling," Alisha told me.

"Sorry Mrs. Tompson," I said sheepishly.