God met Outer God

A pleasant afternoon.

Time really flies.

It has already been three weeks since I was assigned as the counselor in this school.

I am currently strolling in this crowded hallway, filled with students from different classes and years, carrying a document in my hand.

After being summoned by Chabashira Sae, one of my work colleagues, at the faculty office. I retrieved a brown envelope, containing the personal information of a particular student that she referred to me.

The referral was too sudden. Today's class just ended and then out-of-the-blue, I received a call from her regarding one of her students that needs advice.

Well there is no use complaining about it. My work was pretty lax honestly, so in other words, this may be my first ever legit client.

Anxiety filled my thoughts, not because I don't have experience in this job – well technically, I don't have any, however my knowledge can back it up – but due to my lack of social communication skills, on the first day of my job as the school counselor.

Active listening and responding skills are one of the necessary skills a counselor should have.

There is also a need to build a friendly relationship with the client, in the profession's term, building a rapport before engaging whatever the issue is.

So basically, the counseling session won't be that much effective if the one handling the client is socially awkward.

But all of those worrisome thoughts were proven unnecessary on my first day.

After my self-introduction wrapped with nothing but lies, Director Sakayanagi then guided me to my office which is located in the left wing of the third floor, the last room of the hallway, four rooms away from the faculty.

During lunch break, I was about to head to the cafeteria to buy a meal using the points, the money used in this school, when I heard a knock.

I cleared my throat and said enter, giving permission to the person behind the door to get inside.

I admit, acting as an adult while I am still a boy in his teens is absolutely uncomfortable.

But this facade is a necessary sacrifice to attain a freedom away from the arms of that man.

Whether my client will be younger or older than me. I will continue acting as an adult and do my job well.

The door spread wide-open, revealing a violet haired girl with an average height on the other side of the door. She greeted me and I greeted back, then gestured to take a seat.

I opened the small drawer behind the desk, picking up the notebook that I will be using in the counseling sessions from now on.

The moment she saw the book, the girl immediately shook her arms, telling me that there is no need to write anything about her.

I was honestly confused, so I asked her her name and the reason for visiting the office.

She calmly introduced herself then stated that she only went here to ask about University related topics.

Hmm, fair enough.

Since I am a fresh graduate (?) at a University, it's definitely normal for her to approach me.

And a counselor is not all about handling problems. It also involved answering questions such as career planning, personal struggles, curiosity etc.

Truth to be told. I don't have the least idea about those aspects in life…..