『 C H A P T E R : 40 』

" Ma'am, miss Kiara met with an accident. "

" What? Whe—" She was cut off as the phone suddenly hung up, leaving her excited with fear.

The next moment, her phone buzzed with a text from the familiar contact.

Jay :
Kiara is safe with me, come
over, don't panic.
13 : 09 p.m.
Seen

Mahira stared at the text, confused. Her eyes filled up with tears of rage.

Who the fuck would have played such a bad game?! I'm not sparing the alive human. Mahira promised herself as she rushed out of her office with her bag, driving to Jay's place.

---

" Jay?! Kia! " Mahira dashed in as panic arose in her.

" Mumma, calm down. " She looked at the little figure that appeared from the kids' room, hugging her waist.

Mahira sighed in relief as she kneeled down, kissing her daughter's face with love. Kiara giggled at the ticklish feeling, filling Mahira's ears with relief.

" What happened? " The pair of doe eyes looked at her, filled with concerned that made her hug her again, trying to hide away from the world of miseries.

" Nothing. " Mahira whispered, tears spilling out of her almond shaped eyes.

" Mahi? " She looked up to meet Jay, his face holing nothing but concern and worries.

" Kia, go in. " Mahira said as Kiara obeyed her, running in the room back.

" Who's behind this filthy game? " Mahira gritted her teeth.

" As always, Tejas. " Jay sighed. " I wish I could kill him right away. " Mahira mumbled, massaging her temples with her fore finger and thumb.

" Put on the media whatever I say. " Mahira hissed taking out her laptop.

---

𝐅𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 :

" Kin, you've a call from someone in States. " Rosé said handing him the cell as they walked out of the hospital building.

" For me? " Kin looked at her curiously as he grabbed the call.

" Hello? "

" You remember me? "

Kin widened his eyes as he heard the voice he was missing for all these years.

" No, who are you? "

" Stop playing, when are you coming back to States? "

" Never. "

Kin hung up even before letting the other one speak.

" Who was it? " Rosé asked holding up the bags of his clothes and medicines.

He was there for almost seven years, the hospital seemed like his second home now. " No one, a wrong number i guess. " Kin muttered coldly catching her off guard due to sudden change in his voice.

" Fine, we'll leave Japan after two days since it's an emergency. Appa wants to meet me as soon as possible. " Rosé said he summoned a cab nearby, getting in with her.

" Well, next week we're shifting States. " Kin muttered as she nodded. " Sure, we will. "

---

𝐀 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 :

Kin and Rosé had settled in United States in this month but soon later Rosé had to leave for South Korea, followed by France for her job.

Her being a renowned journalist, she was supposed to attend many places in different countries.

Kin gazed at the familiar kid playing in the park along with the another boy who seemed younger than the girl.

" Kiara wait! I've got short legs. "The kid ran behind the girl who laughed at the short boy.

" Salil, that isn't my fault. Follow me quick if you want the candy. " Kiara teased as he pouted, running behind her.

The kids being busy in their own bickerings, they failed to notice the car approaching them.

" Watch kids! " Kin nearly shrieked pulling the kids on the footpath.

" Thanks for saving us uncle. " Salil bowed to the man who adjusted his mask, shifting under the gaze of the young girl.

" You look familiar, have I met you before? " Kiara asked straight forwardly.

" N-No i don't think. I moved in this month itself. " Kin let out a nervous chuckle as Kiara snapped out of her thoughts at her mother's call.

" Kia? " She looked at the other side of the road to greet her mother, yet when she turned; she met emptiness as the man slid away.

" Phew! " She breathed out, buying candies and walking back to her mother.

" Mom, can we go home? I wanna talk about something. " Kiara said, her voice sounding low and serious.

Finishing the candies and fun, Mahira drove back to their home; while dropping Salil at his home in the way.

Mahira noticed Kiara being spaced out and lost in her own thoughts, letting out a sigh she parked her car in the yard as they both got out.

" Mom. " Kiara continued as they sat on the queen sized bed in Mahira's room.

" Go ahead. " Mahira chimed.

" I saw dad today. "

• ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⏱ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ •

I forgot to tell y'all earlier, Kin
(きん) here means "pure".

Long chapters hence forth since I don't wanna drag the story above 50 chapters.

To be honest, this is my first longest book I've ever written. Is it turning boring or am I still able to maintain your interest in this book?

 Is it turning boring or am I still able to maintain your interest in this book?