Round One Results!

First of all, thank you to everyone that participated in Round One, and a special thank you to the judges for judging the books for this round! 

Before I get to the results I would just like to say that, if you did not proceed to the next round please do not be discouraged, the difference of the scores was very tiny. Instead, take into account the reviews by your judges whether you won or not. Every story is unique and special! Once again, thank you to everyone for paticpating in this!

Now without further ado, here are the results of the first round! 

Bracket 1

Judge: tea-loverr

Leah Reeves and the Sea of Secrets by PilindielTheElf

Cover: 5/5 — It's really nice, and got everything you need to know (title, author, book one etc.).

Title: 3/5 — It's a little long. You could just call it "The Sea of Secrets" or something like that. Either way, it made me want to find out what's it about, so it's good enough. 

Blurb: 5/5 — It's really good! It tells, what the book's about, but without revealing too much. 

Plot: 7/7 — It's a really good, unique plot. I've never seen anything like it, but it's a really good idea. 

Character development: 5/6 — I really love Leah, and I love, how she slowly copes from being in Azkaban. It's slow, but that makes it more realistic, so I think it's really good! 

Grammar: 5/6 — There were a few mistakes, but overall, I think it was really good grammar! 

Total: 30/34    

The writing is extremely beautiful, and it's clear that the author's talented. There's a lot of plot twists, and that keeps the book exciting at all times. It's hard to find something bad to say, as it's a really good story, that deserves much more recognition.

Lies by Anna6307

Cover: 4/5 — It's really nice, but maybe you could add the author name or a subtitle. 

 Title: 5/5 — Short and fine. 

 Blurb: 5/5 — Really nice. Tells what the story's about, making you want to read it. 

 Plot: 6/7 — Really unique plot. There's a lot of time travelling storys, but I've never seen one like this before. 

Character development: 5/6 

Grammar: 4/6 — There's some mistakes. Some of the words are misspelled, and the punctuation isn't perfect. 

Total: 29/34 

I think the story is really good, and has some really great writing. I really like Alicia, but her character gets a bit confusing at times. Her personality changes a bit from chapter to chapter. In one chapter, she's really shy and awkward about meeting new people, but in the next chapter, she's really bubbly and energetic. The author is editing the story, and I think the edited parts are really, really great, so the story's obviously going to be better once it's edited completely.