Chapter 21

"I don't know gals, it still has a bluish tinge to it," I said to the reflections of my friends behind me in the girl's upstairs bathroom.

"It's a definite improvement though," Julia said while examining a strand of my hair, "more of a Powdered Blue than the Electric Blue it was before."

"Why don't you wash it again?" Stella suggested, "This time we'll leave it in for three hours instead of one."

"Better make it six hours at least," Mary chimed in.

"It's already after nine, I may as well just leave it in overnight, if you're going to make me wear that shower cap for another six hours."

"Sounds like a plan," Julia said offering the shampoo bottle to me yet again. Déjà Vu, I thought while taking the shampoo bottle from her.

"Wait, I have a stipulation!" I said last minute, hoping my previous concurring statement, and actions were not yet binding.

"'A stipulation?'" Mary questioned, though I think she was asking for a definition of the word rather than asking me what my stipulation might be.

"You haven't been browsing those law sites again have you?" Stella asked ignoring Mary's question.

"There is nothing wrong with that," I defended.

"So what's the stipulation?" Julia asked.

"The stipulation is that if this overnight idea doesn't work, you let this whole hair business go. If it's still blue by morning, it's going to stay blue."

"We can't agree to that! You always forget that we're are the ones who have to look at you day in and day out," Stella said.

Ouch.

I could see that Mary was nodding her head, but I'm not sure if it was to show her support for Stella's words or to agree to my stipulation. Julia, on the other hand, looked calculated which was always a dangerous sign.

"I think we need to discuss this in private before we decide," Julia said, turning towards the door. The other two quickly followed her out.

They weren't gone long, but when they made their next entrance they all wore devious expressions. Not a good sign.

"Okay, we agree to your stipulation," Julia began.

"Great!" I said picking up the shampoo I had set down on the countertop.

"BUT...we have a very minor condition of our own."

Copyrighted Material

Copyrighted Material. All rights reserved.