Chapter 11 - New school, fake bonding and forced conversation

Guess who??? Wahhhhh!!! I want to tell you all my reasons for not updating this story in what feels like years, but there's not enough time in the world. I've noticed that in the past I've been writing in first and third person and so from now on I'll be writing in first person. That is all for now☺️

<3

Everglades preparatory school, or more commonly referred to as EPS by the entire student body is an academy worth every penny of its tuition. There are four main buildings with 3 of them about 4 stories high and the fourth being only two stories and set in the front of the three other buildings that are next to each other on an angle. All three building were connected by walkways for each floor so that the students can move from building to building with out having to go to the bottom floor, out the front door and up another flight of stairs.

The buildings are tan with navy blue trims and designs, and I have never seen grass so vibrant and green, is that weird?

The main 2 story building is where the main offices are and it's the central hub of the school and that building was navy blue with tan trimmings and designs.

We walked through the doors and escaped the humidity of the Floridian air and I welcomed the cooling breeze of the schools central air conditioning system. We got directions and in less that two minutes we were in the principal's secretary's office. We sat with her for a few minutes and she was able to print out a copy of my schedule, book list and she gave me a small pamphlet about the school along with a student handbook. After she was done, we were able to meet with the principle in his office.

"It's not normal for the education board here at Everglades Prep to accept new students so near to the beginning of a new school year, but once we received the copies of your transcript, academic achievements and proof of financial stability, we just could turn you away. And so here we are, breaking rules in the name of education." Said the principal. We found out earlier that although his name is Mr. Maltese

"Well, we're a family with high educational and moral standards. I've raised my daughter to know and understand the importance of a good education and a clean record. There no other place that I would rather her go to further her education, than here." My mother said, ending her practised speech with an ear to ear smile.

I just sat there with my hands folded in my lap, more than ready to distance myself from my mother, her smothering presence and her overly fragrant perfume.

"Well, lets go over you schedule really quickly."

I'm not the type of person to brag about my grades and how I do in school, but I do very good. In my last school, I took only honour and AP classes with special emphasis on the natural sciences and so this schedule reflects that.

"We have Calculus II, AP Biology, Honours English, Double AP Chemistry, Honours Anatomy and Physiology with respect to both plant and animal life, Office management and we require every student to take Physical Education. The schedule is set up in a way that allows you to take only 4 classes a day and each class will be an hour and a half. This time frame allows for maximum learning. Because you've opted for double chemistry, you will have that class every day. According to the fills we've received on your extra curricular activities, we look forward to seeing you on our volleyball court and softball field as well as our school Legal Mock Trial Team and International Toastmaster's association. If you have any other questions feel free to drop by my office at any time. When you arrive for classes on Monday, report here and we will get the head of the Student Union to show you around." Mr. Maltese said.

After the meeting was concluded, mother and I got back onto the road and began a long day of unnecessary shopping, fake bonding and forced conversation.

After what felt like a wasted day shopping with my mother, I came home and went straight to my room after deciding to skip dinner. I called my friends and we spoke in a group chat for about an hour before I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~

So yeah guys. I've reappeared!! If you guys want to see/know more about me outside of my writing, feel free to follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @CallMe_Marish . I've been thinking of making a channel on YouTube and making Vlogs because ,as you might know, I live in the Bahamas and sometimes interesting things happen here. Let me know if you all think it's a good idea!

I will most definitely be talking to you guys again, I'm gunna go work on the next chapter right now.