Dinner

Knock knock

My aunt looked at me before racing to open the door, which I was already near and got to first. I opened it and she stood there, apron off and hair puffed with a big picture smile on her powdered face.

"Well, hello!" She let out a small gasp when she laid her eyes on Eddie, who had a bouquet of yellow flowers in his hand.

"For you" Eddie hands them to her and she quickly accepts as he makes eye contact with me, winking. I made a pleasantly surprised face at his proud expression.

"Oh you shouldn't have!"

"Ah but I did, anything for y/n's family." He invited himself in and came closer to me, pulling me in for a kiss while my aunt scrambles around him, studying his appearance.

"You're different from Scott. Long hair, though- still." She recalls and I frown, looking at Eddie who didn't mind the comment.

"Steve." I corrected reluctantly.

"Yeah, you should've seen my hair before y/n taught me how to take care of it." He chuckles and follows me to the dining table, squinting at the amount of food on it.

He doesn't look at me, a hint of panic crossing his eyes as he swallows hard.

"You made all this?" He asks my aunt who proudly nods, still holding the flowers.

"Y/n, dear why don't you fix a vase for these while I talk to your man?"

"Eddie, Munson. But by all means, refer to me as her man if you so desire." Eddie smirks and shakes her hand formally, sitting across from her at the table while I walk to the kitchen and grab an empty vase to fill with water. I watch them talk, Eddie doesn't look uncomfortable by it so I see no reason to jump in and rescue him.

"Eddie Munson? Like that boy wanted for the murders?" My aunt connected the dots and looked at Eddie with a shocked expression.

"Yeah, that was a scary time. Remember, he was framed?" I call, not wanting my aunt to interrogate Eddie on the traumatic instance.

I quickly grab a seat beside Eddie, staring at the food which looks amazing, but still having that repulsive feeling towards it.

Lisa tells us to fix our plates as she gets heaps of food, Eddie and I are both hesitant. I end up safely sitting at mashed potatoes and a pea casserole, which don't absolutely nauseate me like everything else. Eddie, however, sits there tapping his leg. I was about to say something to him, but my aunt beat me to it- coming in hot with the questions.

"So, Eddie, how old are you?"

"20, ma'am."

"Still in school? Did you start late?"

"No ma'am I just didn't graduate. I sort of gave up a couple years back."

"Oh, dear. What about this year?"

"It's happening this year, this year's my year. Y/n's got me studying and I'm set on making it for her." He looks at me with a little smile, putting his hand in my thigh as I smile back at him.

"That's lovely. And where are you taking college?" She asks, scarfing her food down.

"College isn't in the cards." He retorts plainly.

"I'm, uh, I've got a band. We're doing really good and the plan's to keep that going."

"Oh, a band? What do you preform?"

"Metal. Mostly covers before, but now we've got our own songs. My first big one was actually about y/n." He looks at me lovingly, gently rubbing my thigh as I slowly eat.