Chatpter 52- Home sweet home

"Dr. Bekker, Dr. Bekker" was the first thing Ava heard when she was carried outside. Their was a chill in the Chicago air that threaten to burn her skin.

"Ava over here"

Flash

"Connor can you tell us what happened"

Flash, Flash

"Did you murder Cornelius Rhodes?"

Flash, click, click

"Connor, is Sophia Rhodes your sister"

Flash

"Connor are you dating your fathers killer"

Flash, Flash

"Ava how dose it feel to be the most hated women in Chicago"

Some grabbed Ava's exposed ankle as she passed them, shifting away from the unwanted touch Ava tried to hide in Connors chest, curling into him. Jay walked ahead of them, pushing through the crowds as they made their way to a police jeep. PD had only been on the scene twenty minutes, but as soon as journalists found out about a shooting in the apartment block that Connor Rhodes lived in, they flocked to make it yet another Rhodes scandal; unfortunately they were correct in presuming so.
Connor quickly bundled Ava into the car, jumping in after her with a slam of the car door. Silencing the cries for gossip of the outside word, It was just them, in the back of a police cruiser.
Jay hopped in after fighting his way to the drivers side door. Seeing Ava not moving, Connor leaned over to buckle her seatbelt for her, gently winding it under her bump.
"Connor we should get her to med for a check up" Jay told him as they pulled away.
"No, I'll take care of everything, just go to 1768th...." that was the last thing Ava heard as her head suddenly leaned forward and she fell into a relaxed slumber.

When Ava awoke she felt all warm and fuzzy after her nap, her throat coated with thick saliva. As she came to her sense she realised that she way laying down on a royal blue quilted bed, staring up at an oak ceiling. She could hear running water and slight movement from outside. Turning her head on the bed she saw a women in a black dress staring in at her from the doorway, she turned and walked down the hall when Ava spotted her.
"Your awake" someone said softly to Ava's left. Ava looked up to find Connor, having just come out of the bathroom holding a wet face cloth. Following her gaze he went and shut the door fully, giving them complete privacy while Ava pulled sat up on the bed. Connor came over to Ava on the bed and started undoing her robe. "What are you doing" she panicked, sitting up trying to stop him. Connor stood back surprised by her reaction, "Ave, we need to get the blood off you" he remind her softly, rubbing her arm. Ava nodded, remembering how she had looked, splattered with blood. Slowly Connor came back over to her, undoing her robe fulling and pushing it off her shoulders.

He started with Ava's belly, the blood at was most concerning to him. Making slow circle motions her shifted the blood from her bump, lightly kisses the cleaner areas. Then he ran the cloth over her ribs and sides, mopping up any stray blood splatters from her arms. After that Connor returned to the bathroom to ring out the cloth. Ava watched him, his sleeves were rolled up to protect him from the rusting liquid that ran from the cloth. Returning to Ava he started on the most caked area, Ava's hands and arms. Gently, Connor wiped the blood from ava's arms to her palms to center the clean up. He made concentrated circular motions, making sure to get every wrinkle and crevice in Ava's hand. He brushed her hands lightly once more, with a clean cloth, after brushing her nail beds free of grime.
Connor was kneeling in front of Ava, softly smiling at her when she was mostly cleaned up. Getting to his feet Connor stood between her legs. Lifting her chin in his fingers her brought her gaze back to the ceiling. Taking the cool cloth Connor slowly wiped the dots of blood scattered on the bottom of Ava's jaw with the cloth, Working slowly from one side to the other. Blood splatters caused by her shooting her would be kidnapper in the foot.