Chapter 55: Melina

A/N: Here we are at the sort-of-end of the fic. This is the Epilogue. But also, 14 bonus chapters as previously mentioned. Will be daily, just as the main story was, so look forward to that!

-x-X-x-

It was over. And yet, at the same time, it was just beginning. The Shattering had at long last ended, while a new Age had already begun to take its place. They didn't have a name for it yet, but as Melina makes her way down the hall, she reflects that that's not her responsibility. She's done all she needed to do. She's accomplished all she set out to accomplish.

Reaching her destination, Melina divests herself of her cloak. Underneath, she wears not the normal traveling clothes she usually manifests in, but practically nothing at all. Indeed, all she has on is a pair of skimpy black undergarments that hug her crotch and her hips but hide nothing else from the imagination.

Her busty, beautiful body on display, she steps into the room where her beloved awaits her with more confidence in her stride than she truly feels. His gaze goes to her, and an admiring smile spreads across his face that sees Melina straightening her spine and squaring her shoulders, as well as smiling back. Walking over to the bed, she crawls up onto it.

The early morning sun peeks through the nearby windows, and he lays there naked, covered from the waist down by a blanket. She, of course, moves to pull said blanket away, and reveal his throbbing morning wood.

"Brave Tarnished. You have done it. You have accomplished all you set out to accomplish. You have achieved every goal you sought to achieve."

Wrapping a hand around his mast, Melina's single eye flickers between his twitching shaft and his handsome face. She licks her lips then and asks the most pertinent question on her mind.

"But what, I wonder, did it truly cost you?"

She's not expecting an answer, of course. Nothing beyond perhaps a sad little smile, and a shake of his head to show her that he's fine, that she doesn't need to worry about him. She won't heed such a warning of course, but she won't be surprised when it comes. She is, however, VERY surprised when he actually DOES respond.

"... E...verything."

Melina's head whips up with a jolt, her eye widening as she stares at her Tarnished in disbelief. Then comes the sad smile of his, and the shake of his head.

"And... not much... at all."

Her mouth is opening and closing, and Melina is fairly certain she's doing an admirable impression of a fish at the moment. He's... talking? After all this time? She'd thought she heard him, back under Leyndell in the depths of the Frenzied Flame Proscription, but she'd half-convinced herself she was just imagining things.

Now though? Now there's no imagining it. His lips are moving. Words are coming out. Forgetting the cock in her hand altogether, Melina shuffles forward, moving up until she can rest her forehead against his, her hand on his neck and then sliding up to his cheek to caress it.

"T-Tell me about it? Please?"

When he nods a moment later, Melina lets out a shaky breath, a wide smile spreading across her face as the feeling of liquid coming from her open eye startles her. She's crying. But they're tears of joy, at the very least. And so, she settles in, to hear her Tarnished's tale.

-x-X-x-

Hours later, or so it feels, Melina lays with her head against her beloved champion's chest, soaking it all in, absorbing all that he's told her. The new Elden Lord, who had seemed to so easily ferret out not just her secrets, but the secrets of every single person he came across, had the biggest secret of all. And she, of all people, was the only one he'd entrusted it with.