08

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

01.13 Crescent city

━━━━━━━━━━

"BUT I DON'T WANNA!"

"But I'd enjoy it if you did."

"You can't make me."

"It's just a sermon!" Klaus argues with Aidynn, who scoffs.

"If I was religious I'd be different, do I look–" She gestures down at her very pregnant self as she loads a fresh blueberry muffin to pair with her hot cup of tea.. "Or act like a parishioner?! No, I'm a unmarried, very pregnant hybrid with a murderous rage. You and Marcel have fun, but I'm not goin'! I'm also in no mood to get dressed."

"And what's got you in a foul mood, love?" He inquires as he sips a cup of blood.

"Well, my back hurts, I'm always hungry even at the weirdest smells, my bladder is always full, the Braxton Hicks have started, my magic is outta control, and I'm always horny!"

"Whoa." His eyes widen as a large kitchen knife flies by his face, embedding in the wall.

She groans and plops on the bar stool with a frown. "See."

"Ok, maybe going to a newly renovated church isn't such a good idea." He chuckles as he lays a hand on her shoulder. "How are you because judging from the knife that almost hit my face, I'd aim for the 'not so good' target."

"You'd be right." The hybrid laughs. "I just, I just feel so alone and I loathe being alone."

"But you aren't. You have Rebekah, Hayley, Elijah, and I. You have your family, Aidynn."

She smiles at him, not noticing the tears falling down her cheeks as she jumps at him. "Thank you, Nik. You're so amazing."

He hugs her back. "I know."

"Asswipe." She pulls away as the Original laughs.

"I'll be off, if you need something ask the daywalkers or my siblings."

"I will." Aidynn confirms as he leaves, before taking a bite of her muffin. She pauses suddenly before slamming a hand over her mouth and rushing to the bathroom. The Parker retches into the toilet bowl before it stops.

Aidynn rushes into her private bathroom and she brushes her teeth. After splashing some water on her face to cool down and resting against the sink, she exits her room. "What...the fuck?" In the middle of the courtyard, a very dead Papa Tunde was placed in a sacrificial symbol of salt. "Uh, Diego!"

Feeling an oncoming vampire presence, she turns to face him as he grumbles. "What?"

"Corpse in the courtyard." She points downward.