Chapter 4: The Resurrection

Two Weeks Later

Ancient Egypt

A group of men were trudging through the deserts of Egypt as a sandstorm engulfed the area but the group pushed on. The group were consisted of mercenaries and skilled fighters but also they each had something in common that was on their wrists. They each had a Egyptian scale tattoo on their wrists along with many weapons that they carried just in case Khonshu's avatar appeared again.

Leading the group was someone who was supposed to be dead, it was Arthur Harrow, the former avatar of Ammit.

The last time Arthur was in the mortal realm, he was killed by Khonshu's avatar, Jake Lockley but now thanks to some help from some underworld gods, he managed to walk through the Gates of Osiris just like how Marc and Steven did and return to the...

The last time Arthur was in the mortal realm, he was killed by Khonshu's avatar, Jake Lockley but now thanks to some help from some underworld gods, he managed to walk through the Gates of Osiris just like how Marc and Steven did and return to the living world.

Upon awakening back in his mortal form, he immediately had to treat his gunshot wounds but luckily his followers were already waiting for him after they recovered his corpse in a ditch, now recovered and fully capable, Arthur seeks Ammit's spirit who his fellow deities moved her essence to an Egyptian Prison after she was killed.

Arthur walked forward through the sandstorm as his men followed behind him as the sand whipped in their faces even though they had thick scarfs to protect their faces. Leading his men up a dune, Arthur climbed the treacherous landscape before coming across his destination that was given to him by his friends in the Underworld.

"The Cave of the Damned." Arthur spoke through his scarf as he saw a massive rock formation that rose from the sands and a dark gaping entrance was there as he led his men onward. Not before long, Arthur and his men reached the entrance and stepped inside as they felt the instant change in the atmosphere.

The hot and dry climate of the desert was now nullified by the cool and dampness of the cave but also carried a chill of dread that washed over the group as the men readied their machine guns and Arthur took off the scarf that covered his face.

"Men, be ready, we must get to Ammit at all costs, understood?" Arthur spoke as his men nodded and he led the way, minding the uneven rock steps that were formed in the pathway as the everyone had to watch their footing so they don't trip on accident and shoot up the place.

As they travelled deeper into the cave, Arthur sensed that they were getting close to where Ammit is being kept and continued to follow this feeling even though he didn't know the route of the cavern. The cave became darker and darker as they were forced to craft torches just see what was ahead of them as they traversed the unknown path.

Eventually, the cave went from a narrow pocket to a massive room with rock pedestals supporting various Egyptian artifacts. Many artifacts perched on display as Arthur looked at them, many amulets, a book, multiple shabti statues of gods and finally what he was looking for... the stone statue of Ammit.

Approaching the little statue, Arthur took it in his hands before showing it to his men as they kneeled in respect of their goddess as the old man looked at the statue.