1.

Caroline and Rory walk into Luke's.

"Hey, it's freezing." Rory says as she sits across from Lorelai. "Oh, what do you need? Hot tea? Coffee?" Lorelai offers her daughters.

"Ror needs lip gloss." Caroline tells her mom before walking away to the counter. "Hey dad." Caroline greets Luke.

"Hey sweetie. Coffee?" Luke offers with a smile towards his daughter. "Yes please." Caroline says as she sits at the counter.

"How's school been, Carrie?" Luke asks his daughter as he pours her a cup of coffee. "Good, I'm acing all my classes." Caroline told her dad smiling as she takes a sip of her coffee. "Amazing coffee dad." Caroline tells her dad enjoying her coffee. "Coffee addicted, just like your mother." Luke says shaking his head. "Well had to get it from somewhere." Caroline says shrugging her shoulders just as her mother comes up to the counter with a cup in hand.

Luke gives Lorelai a look when he sees her walk up to the counter. "What? It's not for me. It's for Rory, I swear." Lorelai tells Luke. "You're shameless." He responds.

"Look, Officer Krupke. She's right at that table, right over there." Lorelai says as she turns to look at Rory only to see her getting hit on by the same guy who was hitting on her before the girls arrived. "Ah. He's got quite a pair, this guy." She says shaking her head before looking back at Luke to see him filling Rory's cup. "Thanks." She says before starting to walk back to her table. "Wait mom." Caroline says making her mom stop for a minute while she grabs her Coffee and walks back to the table with her mom.

"Yeah, I've never been through here before." The guy badly flirts.

"Oh, you have, too." Lorelai says as she puts Rory's cup down in front of her and Caroline sits on the side of Rory. "Oh, hi." The guy says.

"Oh, hi. You really like my table, don't you?" Lorelai responds. "I was just, uh.." he trys to explain. "Getting to know my eldest daughter." She says standing next to her daughter's.

"Your..." the guy says shocked.

"Are you our new step daddy?" Caroline asks. "Wow. You do not look old enough to have two daughters." He says looking at Rory and Caroline. "No, I mean it. And you two do not look like daughters." He says not knowing what to say.

"That's possibly very sweet of you. Thanks." Lorelai says. "So...daughters." He says making Lorelai nod her head. "You know, I am traveling with a friend." He tells them pointing back at his friend that's sitting at the counter. "They're sixteen and fiftteen." She responds.

"Bye." The guy says leaving their table.

"Drive safe." Lorelai tells him as him and his friend leave the diner.

————————————————

Caroline walks to school with Rory and Lane. Rory and Lane are talking away while Caroline is listening to music in her own little world. Ever since her best friend Hannah and ex boyfriend Austin left, she hasn't been the same at school.

Rory taps on her sisters shoulder pointing to Stars Hollow High telling her they're there, making Caroline look at Rory and take her headphones off and put them in her backpack.

"So Lane, when are you going to let your parents know that you listen to the evil rock music?" Caroline asks her only best friend left in Stars Hollow. "Yeah you're an American teenager, for god's sake." Rory says agreeing with Caroline. "Care, Rory, if my parents still get upset over the obscene portion size of American food, I seriously doubt I'm gonna make any inroads with Eminem." Lane tells the sisters.