Chapter 22: The truth and us

Alex' perspective
Jason looked very pale when he heard what happened, I thought he was going to pass out. I made him some tea, because Parker was staying with Sam and I didn't really know what to do. We're in our tent. I hug Jason. "Hey, are you okay?" He shakes his head.

Jason's perspective
No, I'm not okay. I can't do this right now, Sam needs me. GOD why the fuck am I always so selfish? I start crying. I try not to, Because I really don't want to. But I do. "Jace, Hey. Talk to me." I look at him. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." "For what? He shakes his head. "You can tell me, you can't carry your hurt alone for that long, you know. That's not healthy. You don't need to tell me but you c-" "Okay." I say. He stops talking. "Okay?" I sigh. "Okay, I'll tell you. But I understand if you don't like me anymore after this." "I doubt that."

I take a deep breath. He reassures me I have all the time in the world. "You know... I got expelled right?" He nods slowly. "Well, I never really told anyone about this... But the reason as to why is the reason why I keep having panic attacks. Its something similar than what just happened to Sam." He shakes his head, nodding at me. I'm still crying, but I ignore it. I take a deep breath again and keep talking. I'm ready. "I started texting this guy, he was new in our friend group. We really started to hit it off, I liked him. But in real life he would pretend like we weren't as close. Well, turns out, that was because we weren't. His dad had been texting me because this friend found out that I was bisexual. He told some other friends from my school and they... Started harassing me. One day, his dad came to my school, saying all this mean and disgusting crap, in front of everyone. He punched me and I just couldn't take it anymore. I punched him and everyone who was laughing and they had to remove me. It's all my fault and I hurt alot of people and-" "It's not your fault." Alex says. "Hey, look at me. It's not your fault. You were defending yourself." "But I shouldn't have fought. I should have reported it." "Yeah, that would've been the smartest decision. But in that moment you were defending yourself, do you hear me?" He hugs me tight. I'm crying really hard now. "What happened to the dad?" "Nothing." I whisper. "Nobody knows about any of that."

He looks at me. "The police should know about this, Jace... It's not okay-" "No I know. I just... Wasn't ready. But I can do it now, I can tell people. Just not tonight. Not on this camp. Tonight I want to be here for Sam, he needs us." Alex is still hugging me, he's crying now too. "Thank you for being so patiënt with me." I tell him. " Don't thank me. I'm so sorry. Thank you for telling me, I'm really proud of you. You're safe, ok? I love you." I look at him. "You- You love me?" He smiles. "Ofcourse I do. I love you." He's blushing. I kiss him. "I love you too." I whisper.

I really do, love him. He is the most special person I've ever met. I never throught I would ever love someone this much. These past few months he's showed me what it's really like to love. He's learned me that it's possible to heal. He's learned me to deal.

I'm really glad my mom took me to this school. Because it was the best decision she's ever made for me. I will tell her, about everything. Just not tonight.

Sam's perspective
The next few days turn out to be so much fun. I try not to think too much about what happened, mainly because there's not much that I can do. The police arrested Rios and he's getting sentenced in a few weeks. Turns out he was arrested before working at our school. Love the lack of investigation we have with our teachers. Love, love love that.

Parker has been so nice to me, he hasn't left my side. We've been watching movies pretty much every night since we got here and we hung out with Alex and Jason. Al and I have hung out aswell, just the two of us. Because we really needed that. I missed him so much. Even Jason and Parker have spent some time with eachother. I don't even know what they would talk about- I don't think I want to know to be honest...