Chapter 4

The next day at sunrise...

Jade woke up early. Which she didn't do normally. But this time, she had a reason. A plan. She sneaked out of her room, trying not to wake up her mother, who slept right next to her. 

Sure enough, the patrol, or the Heroes for Peace, as dragons were calling them, were packed, and ready to take off. Tsunami was shouting orders at the rest of them, who were dutifully getting ready for takeoff. Jade hid behind a rock, not too far from the shores that the Heroes for Peace were standing on. 

Jade grabbed the neck satchel that she had packed yesterday after breakfast, she fastened it to her neck, and reared up her wings for takeoff. She thought she'd seen a pink tail poke out from behind a different rock but she ignored it, trying to focus on her plan. 

Like clockwork, Tsunami took off, leading the rest of the group. The other followed in line behind her. Jade waited til see could see them, but they most probably couldn't, then she took off. 

Joyfully, she breathed in the scent of fresh ocean air... she exhaled, doing a flying loop in the air. She was free. She could discover the wonders of a new continent! Maybe even find a new tribe of dragons! Her name would go down in history, not as "Princess Jadepool, who talked all weird and was a strange tiny scrollworm" but as "Jade the Hero, who bravely ventured to the New Continent to discover a new type of dragon!" She hummed her favorite song, an adventurous tune from one of her mother's stories, that had been made into a play. 

(Dragons do plays now, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!)

Jade did another flying loop, feeling the fresh ocean breeze rush through her scales, giving her a fresh burst of exhilaration, she gushed forward in the air... and bumped into a pink SilkWing  dragonet, around her age with a fascinating swirl pattern on her scales. "Uh-oh!" gasped the SilkWing "GUYS! WE'VE BEEN DISCOVERED!" She whisper-yelled, careful not to alert the older dragons in front of them.

Suddenly, a gang of 9 other dragonets peeked out from behind the clouds, looking guilty. A gush of stupidity hit Jade as she realized that these dragons must've snuck out, like she did! "Greetings!  your secrecy is gray, for,  I am not foe!" she rambled, obviously confusing the dragonets. 

"Uhhh..." Jade muttered awkwardly, meeting new dragons was hard, because they never knew what she was talking about. "Wait, I think I understand her. A little." said the SilkWing, "She said... She's a friend? I think...?" the SilkWing told the other dragons. "Affirmitory!" cheered Jade, happy that the SilkWing understood her. 

A dewy charcoal brown MudWing dragonets  swooped out of the group to intorduce herself "Hi!" she said, "I'm Springdew!" the MudWing smiled at Jade. "Salutations! The moniker given to me is Jadepool, circumstanualated, you can call me Jade!" Jade said, beaming back at the MudWing. Everyone gave her a quizzical look, "I think she said her name is Jadepool, but we can call her Jade. Is that right?... Jade?" the SilkWing translated. Jade nodded eagerly. 

"My name is Hypnotize, but you can call me Tiz." The SilkWing said, smiling. One by one, the group intorduced themselves. There was an IceWing-NightWing hybrid called Froststar, a RainWing-SeaWing called Water Lily, who was apparently Jade's cousin, since she was the daughter of Turtle and Kinkajou. Then there was a LeafWing named Dewflower, a HiveWing called Weevilsting, who liked to sing (Go figure.) and Prince Bloodhawk, who was a SkyWing prince. They'd all flown away, after the Heroes for Peace without the permission of their parents, for different reasons, most of them were just curious about the new continent, Froststar was just there because his big sister dared him to. 

"High to intorduct my being." Jade said, smiling. The group grinned as they flew back into the clouds, pushing forward so they wouldn't fall behind the older dragons. Soon, they would reach their first rest stop. Tropir Island. 

-----

Oh, and btw, you're free to ship random dragons like a maniac now! Go wild. I know you're insane. Let the insanity out.