3- 𝑵𝒐𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 [𝑪𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒆]

A knock sounds on my door. I won't answer it.

"Crepe? Dinner's ready." It's Red Velvet.

I don't answer. I don't want to. He dosen't know what happened. He doesn't need to. "Crepe?"

"I'm not coming today."

He comes in. I'm not looking at him but I can tell because the door creaks open٫ closing behind him as he takes a few steps into my room. "You never miss dinner. What's wrong?"

"You don't need to know." I try to disguise my voice to be normal٫ but I know it's not working.

He sounds concerned. "Crepe..."

I tense up. "Go away. I don't need your pity٫" I say. I don't want him to actually go away. I want him to stay.

His voice saddens. "Alright... I'll tell mom you're not coming to dinner." and with that٫ the door opens and closes٫ and his footsteps get quieter and quieter as he walks away. Great job. Now he's gone.

I lay down and face the wall٫ hoping that someone else's footsteps would stop outside my door. I don't actually want to be alone. I want someone else here with me. And although I can hear footsteps٫ none stop to check on me. It hurts. Nobody checks up on me. It feels selfish to want someone to stop and check up on me. But I'm not. Right?

My stomach rumbles. I try to silence it. I don't want to eat. Not now. I know I should but I don't want to. I just want to cry until my tears fill up the room and drown me. I want to feel exactly what she felt.

But I won't ever be able to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Word count: 278]