Chapter 45

CHAPTER 45

Logan

"We got the fucker." I breathed.

Today was a good day.

Jade did it!

She got the intel. She was perfect. I was happy. But most of all, I was ecstatic she was out of the investigation, and now me and my team could handle the rest. It was a huge fucking relief not to involve her any longer. Even though the work had just begun, it felt like an iceberg lifted off my shoulders.

I stood with my team of agents in the meeting room as we heard the last of the recoding of the meeting at the garage from Jade. Her sweet and composed voice questioning and answering Ace. I needed to play the recording for the team to hear for themselves. It was the meeting everyone was waiting for. Anticipation buzzed the air as critical questions were answered. Added uncertainties and strategies were thrown around on the high-profile takedown. Not every detail of the heist was known, and we tried to fill in the gaps, preparing for every tactic used. This was my golden moment of my fucking career at the FBI.

"I can't believe Tyrell's got the balls to hold-up Globe Trust bank." Agent Cagney scoffed.

"Yeah. His success in past robberies probably made the asshole confident he can take on the biggest bank and get away with it like the others." Agent Malcolm replied with his hands gripped on his hips.

"Logan, how well do you trust your source... this woman?" Amelia asked and James judged me curiously.

"I trust her. You don't have to worry about that." I had to shut it down quick. Fuck, I hated they knew my source was a woman. But there was no other way to protect Jade's voice. Yeah, there were voice altering tech I could've used, but it would've looked suspicious if I altered her voice in front of my team — like I was hiding something or doing unlawful things. But damn, I was.

"Is it just the five-men team?" James asked.

"Sounds like it, with the four women they'll use as transit for the stolen money." I answered, glad the heat was off Jade.

"With your informant, too?" Amelia asked. "She'll be part of the heist, being our eyes and ears?"

"No!" I instantly replied, taking Amelia slightly aback. I cleared my throat. "My informant is out of it. She did her part. That's enough." I said. There was no fucking way I was involving Jade on the day of the heist. She'll play along, communicating with Ace on the disposable mobile, but not in person!

"40 million dollars." Chuckled Agent Cagney. "Un-fucking-believable." He was still amused at Ace's Tyrell arrogance.

"His aiming high this round. But at least he won't be walking out with it this time." I said.

"Ace is a confident bastard." James added.

Malcolm grinned. "You got that right."

"Don't underestimate the man." Supervisor Davies interrupted as he observed the team and listened in on the recordings. "Ace Tyrell evaded the law and the FBI for years. He didn't do that by luck. He robbed banks and got away with it. He's calculated and cunning and the fucker knows what he's doing." I breathed out hard. Davies was fucking right! "What we have here is a golden nugget that we shouldn't take for granted to get this suspect behind bars." Davies said firmly. "Let's not get cocky, like the man is behind bars already. The hard part hadn't even begun."

Supervisor Davies hit it right on the nail. I needed this to suceed. To get Tyrell behind bars and for his confession... for Jade's sake, too.

"But two days doesn't leave us room for any mistakes." Amelia said.