Chapter 25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE"Mother & Daughter"

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
"Mother & Daughter"

THE SNOW WAS STILL COVERING THE HOGWARTS GROUND. Peeves the poltergeist throw the bucket of cold water onto the heads of some Fifth year Hufflepuff girls. He continued doing it until professor McGonagall push him away. The Marauders found it funny but Lily kept bugging about the fact that the poor girls must be sick.

After the warm & delighted feast that Gryffindor's made their way to the common room. The Gryffindor common room was cozy as all of them remembered.

The head boy made them go to their dorms and all of them were pretty tired so they nodded without any complain.

"Hey" Marlene grab Vanya's hand and pulled her to the side "wanna sleepover?"

"Tonight?" Vanya asked.

"Dah!" Marlene said as it was the most obvious thing "two first year girls are sharing a dorm. I told them it was haunted & I know a right spell to make the ghost disappear -"

"And they believed you?" Vanya said chuckling

"I got the room"

"Wicked! So where are the girls now?"

Hermione Pov:

"Lily, why are two first year sleeping in Vanya's and Marlene's bed?" I was so confused.

Lily got up, looked at them and sign "At least we'll not have to heard Lena talk while sleeping"

"Point"

Back to third person pov:

Vanya and Marlene enter the empty dorm and put their bags down.

"Look what I got us" Marlene said, throwing something on top of Vanya "matching pjs!"

"It's (y/f/c) my favourite" Vanya smiled

(Favourite colour)

(If any of you wondering how they have money? They used the time turner to come to 1996 and they had no money with them. Well.. Dumbledore send them to Grindotts to take their money out of their vault because he knew they would need it)

"Ginny would be so jealous" Vanya said with a giggle. She and Ginny are best friends and they had sleepovers most of the times

"Me and Dorcas were just like you and Ginny" Marlene told her as she sat on the bed "are" she corrected herself

Vanya smiled and sat near her "Tell me about her"

"I met Dorcas in the Gryffindor common room on our 2nd day at Hogwarts" Marlene said with a smile "we became friends, me Dorcas, Lily, Alice and Mary. We shared a dorm actually"

"In fifth year I realised I had feelings for Dorcas. No one knew that, accept Sirius.."

"Sirius?!" Vanya chuckled "bet he did something wild"

"He bet me 10 Galleons, I couldn't tell Dorcas how I felt"

"And..?"

"Let's just say I was 10 Galleons richer"

"No way!" Vanya giggle "you did it? How?"

"I just said it in front of the whole school. I was only 15 so it was weird but I knew it wasn't just a stupid crush"

"What about Dorcas?"

"She was embarrassed, well I think she was" Marlene said "but later that night, she exchange her feelings"

"You Miss her?"

"More than anything" Marlene sigh "but I'm happy to be with you"

"It's strange how we know each other from 3 months now and -"

"- we didn't get connected? Yes!"

"You're my mother and you're only seventeen?..eighteen? And you didn't even knew" Vanya said "if someone would come to me and say they are my kid I'd throw them away" she laughed "it's just so weird"

"Believe me, it is" Marlene nodded "but when we come here, we all had the feeling that there would be something like this. But I thought it would be with Dorcas" a tear left from her eye

Vanya hugged her from the side "she's at better place now and she was gone like a hero"

"Yea" Marlene wipe her tear "I'd tell Dorcas about you. She would love you"

"Don't forget to tell her, I said hi"

They kept talking and giggling. Vanya told her childhood stories to Marlene and she was quite mad at herself, and wonder why she haven't talked to her more when they got the time to.

Something inside Vanya told her, Marlene will not stay here forever. She has to go where she belonged. And she hated that thought.

From past three months the golden trio, Vanya, Ginny and Itan got so attached to the Marauders, Lily and Marlene that they forgot to think about the fact they have to go and they will never see them again, ever.

"You ok there?" Marlene asked between her laugh

"Yea.. just thinking" Vanya gave her a sad smile

"Hey, you can tell me"

"I- I was so- so stupid to not to spend more time with you. I mean you tried in the beginning but I was just.. agh! I'm sorry. I'm not the one who gets comfortable all of a sudden, and I was scared to talk to you. I thought about you and you being my biological mother, it- it was just strange and - and I saw Harry getting along with James and Lily and I felt so bad to not to talk to you.."

"Girl, breath" Marlene put her hand over her shoulder "relax. It's ok! I get it"

"You-"

"That's why I never forced you. I wanted you to first accept me and you did and I'm happy about it"

Vanya hugged Marlene.

"I love you"

"I love you too, McKinnon"

Vanya giggle "I like that"

"It's best"