The Godly Genes

Percy Pov

'The process of getting back a demigod's powers are exponentially hard and can only be achieved by those who have the strongest body, both mentally and physically. This can only be achieved with will power more than the height of Mt. Olympus . Even ones who survive will be in a poor condition and it can take anywhere from weeks to years to fully recover. Now that we are done with the disclaimer, let us get into the real stuff. This will require huge amounts of concentration and the person doing this must give proper offerings to at least 6 primordial gods. No intake of food or water should be done and the life of said person must rely on said 6 primordial gods. This process if done correctly will not only give a person their power back, but will also remove their scent altogether. One must meditate in a secluded place , on an empty stomach, surrounded by offerings to said 6 primordial gods. The person will suffer through immense pain, if he or she prevails, said person shall reclaim their lost power. Said Person's thoughts should not deviate from his cause and the six primordial gods he or she chose. He or she should also prove him or her worthy by sacrificing the tusk of the Minotaur and the skin of a mortal snow leopard.This whole process can take anywhere from months to years. On the case of a very rare scenario, when the primordial gods who were given offerings, think the person is worthy enough, the person shall be granted partial-immortality'.

That was a snippet from page 43 of the second book.

I started with my quest, if you could call it so. I informed my mother of the same and after quite a bit of convincing, we bid a tearful goodbye and after packing some clothes, water, Doritos, blue cookies and other essential stuff, I set out for Alaska, the land beyond the Gods. I managed to get till Los Angeles by train. There I basically roamed around and scouted for the Minotaur, also occasionally going to the underworld to search more. During one such trip, I found my old bull friend, with who I engaged with in combat with my hood on, after about a grueling 10 minutes including innumerable swish, swirls and jabbing sounds, I got his tusk and disintegrated him and sent him to Tartarus. Then I got onto a train till the Canadian-Alaskan border.From there I set out by foot to find an uninhabited place. I know, pretty much everywhere you looked, the place was uninhabited. But, I was looking for a place where nobody could find me. In the middle of a forest, I found a clearing, I kept my travel backpack down and set a tent that I had packed inside. Now I ha to get the snow leopard's skin, who should, be close by, considering I was in Alaska. I wandered around a bit, not going too far from my campsite. I found one and it hurt to kill this one, because unlike the monsters, the poor thing was innocent and possibly did nothing wrong. But, it had to be done, and I mentally vowed to myself to never kill the innocent. I pounced on him with my Minotaur tusk, since celestial bronze would probably pass through him. I don't know, I never tried it on animals.After the fight, I made sure to give him a fast and painless death, that at least was in order for this. I cut some skin from him with my sword and returned to my campsite, where I would soon start the ritual.