CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE- SIENNA

While Beau handles a few things around town before our trip to London, I pay a visit to Rhys

While Beau handles a few things around town before our trip to London, I pay a visit to Rhys. I know for a fact he'll be at Monsoon's because the guy practically lives there.

Never having handed back my work key, I use it to get inside, the bar up front empty of anyone. The smell of oak wood and floor cleaner hits me as I walk towards the private door, met with Rhys, who swings the door open before I get the chance.

"Hey, you!" He's grinning from ear to ear.

I laugh, folding into the quick hug he gives me before his eyes float to my belly. "I thought I would just pop in to see you. It's been a while."

He nods, still smiling. "It has. Come through to my office."

We walk past the staff room and down the dim corridor until we reach his far too hot office. I'm sweating as soon as I sit on the plushy couch.

I take off my light coat and hang it over the arm of the couch while he gets us two bottles of water, telling me the heating broke and is constantly switched on in here.

"I think you know why I'm here," I say, needing some answers. "I only recently found out I had a brother, and then someone tells me you're related too?"

"Who told you I was related?" he asks, frown lines deep in his skin.

"Not your business," I reply, not intending to drop Annabelle in anything. "I just need the truth."

When he sighs and pushes back in his chair so it rests against his desk, I feel there's a long story coming. "I'm not related, not by blood. I was engaged to Gabriel's cousin. We were together for almost ten years before she called things off. We were protective over Gabe growing up because he was so different in age. There's about twelve years between us all. Jezza ruined everything when he forbade Margot from marrying me. It spiralled from there, but I always kept in contact with Gabe. Especially when he wanted nothing to do with the family. I felt a duty to be there for him."

I shake my head, so lost. "Did you know he was my brother?"

When he's silent, eyes on me, I go to speak again, stopping as he holds up his hand. His following words are raw with the grit in his tone. "Yes, I knew."

"You did...?"

"Sienna." My name is almost a plea and apology rolled into one. "Jezza bullied me into keeping quiet. I'm so sorry. I tried my best to protect you."

"You don't have to apologise, Rhys. Honest. It means nothing to me. I mean... I just found out they existed a few weeks ago. I'm just surprised you could keep the secret for so long," I say, and he coughs with relief.

"I almost slipped up a few times, believe me." He spins around to face his computer, typing on the keys while I sip my water. "Annabelle was in a bad way last night. I put her into a taxi. Did she get home okay?"