10| Coma

~A private life is a happy life~

Tobias's PoV
I watched as the medics that are on my payroll resuscitated her for the third time. "If she fucking dies, I will kill Enzo," I practically promised.

"She dies. You'll be the least of his worries," Eros piped up as he watched the scene in front of him.

"Let's just hope she doesn't die," Nicholas sighed out.

"She's stayed alive for this long," Theo added. "I don't think she'll die."

"She'll make it," Aidan spoke as he tucked his hands into his pockets.

"Hopefully," Elias breathed out just as Evangeline arrested again. The lines on the machines weren't flat but they seemed irregular as the doctors pushed her full of fluid and other stuff.

"Doubt it," I commented, backing away from the window.

Suddenly my phone rang. I let out an annoyed sigh when I saw it was Caterina. I ignored it only for her to call again and again. "What?," I snapped.

"Don't 'what' me asshole," she spoke angrily through the phone. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me about the business involving people?"

"Because it has nothing to do with you," I said in a duh tone.

"It has everything to do with me! I'm supposed to be marrying you!," she exclaimed like she was on the verge of tears.

"Your dad doesn't have an issue with it," I shrugged like I actually care what her family thinks of me and my businesses. Her family is pretty conservative which is why she isn't living with me right now. They want to wait until after the wedding for us to live together.

"But I do," she breathed out. "You're putting people to work to clear debt. Tobias, as a decent human, I just don't think I can marry you now."

"Don't be stupid," I told her sternly. "We're  getting married because it's part of the deal."

"Forget the deal!," she sobbed out. "I don't want to be apart of this!"

"Caterina, we are going to get married. And when we do, I get what I want and you get what you want, freedom," I whispered harshly down the phone. I could hear her take a deep breath before she cut the call.

Hopefully, she'll get herself together.

-

Evangeline's PoV

Two months later

Suddenly, all I could hear was a beeping noise. It was deafening and made me want to rip my eardrums out. My body didn't feel like mine because I wasn't connected to it. It was just my soul. I relaxed my eyes.

"MOM TELL HIM TO STOP!," I screamed out in agony as my father hit my back over and over again with his leather belt. All I could hear were the cries from my mom, the grunts from my dad and the slapping of the belt against my skin.

It was going to scar.

"Stupid bitch," I heard him repeat over and over again.