Chapter 20

Mary Lowell groggily awoke, trying to get up but the straps hindering her movements. The doctor towered over her, his mask now fashioned on his head. He wore his apron, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked ready to perform a surgery.  "Why aren't you wearing your mask?" she asked him. "There's no need to hide my face from you, Ms. Lowell. I want it to be the last thing you see when I take your life" he smiled. "Nicole" he beckoning the assistant. "Here you go, chap" spoke a voice. "Thank you. Now...Wait what?" he caught himself. Thomas leaned against the table, grinning like a fox. "Hi. I finally get to meet the great Stephen Drake. Too bad it has to be under different circumstances" He shrugged. 

Nicole was held by Edward Cromwell, her mouth preventing her from screaming.  "Put you hands up now" commanded Mary Lowell. "Wait! If that's Ms. Lowell there? Who's..." He looked down at 'Ms. Lowell'. "Confound it" he cursed. "Mwah! I love you too" winked James. He spat into the doctor's eye. He staggered back, trying to wipe the contaminate out.  

Charlotte appeared before her uncle and released him. Officers raced to apprehend him but were hit by a fair ball. Nicole had slipped out of Edward's grasp.  Mary looked at Nicole who seeing her, ran down a hidden hallway. "Get the doctor, I'll get her!" she said, racing off. 

Stephen overturned his cabinets, blocking the officers from getting him. He too went down another hidden hallway. James quickly followed after him. It was dark, so dark James couldn't see in front of him.  Suddenly, he fell to the floor. "I apologize for lying about your cold. I thought if I gave that medicine, you'd leave the case and I could continue my work but I misjudged you" "I knew you up to no good, for the very start though I admit, I did waver" He confessed in the dark. "I always knew I'd have to face you eventually. Too bad it took six full years for this confrontation to happen" his voice echoed. "Why are you doing this? No. When?" "At the age of sixteen, I got a taste of killing" He replied. "This is an addiction, you couldn't stop" James stated. "Ever observant. It was nice knowing you Detective but one of us is not making out alive" then there was a bang.

Mary turned at every noise. "You will all die!" the demoness screamed. Mary was flung into the wall, grunting. Nicole emerged from the shadows, snarling. "You will die!" She screamed, rushing at her. Mary awoke and immediately shot the demoness with her pistol. She howled in pain and doubled over. Mary towered over her. "After you" She said. The demoness only hissed. 

The officers discovered many things in the basement, including a map to India. "I'm guessing this was Plan AD" guessed Louise. "You're right. They were planning to move to other countries, reeking havoc upon the other races" Edward pointed out. "That's anging!" gasped Charlotte. A noise was heard. "What's the meaning of this?" asked the seething owner. "Sire, I..." "Enough! This is private property! Get out!"  At that very moment, Mary dragged out a wounded Nicole, bleeding heavily. "Blazes! You shot my employee! You!..." He started towards her when James emerged with Stephen in cuffs. "Your Good Doctor, Ladies and Gentlemen" He grimly said. "Stephen! This is a joke right? You can't be Doctor Death" He said hopefully. Stephen gazed into the man's eyes. "I am Doctor Death" He confessed.  

The owner looked the Chief. "Do what you must" he said. Nicole cried out, a mixture of pain, sadness and anger. "You will all die. I'll kill you all. I'll make sure your bodies are recognizable. I'll...""Oh Shut up!" Louise said. Nicole immediately did. "You confess to all 63 murders?" asked Edward. "Actually it's 102 murders. I was busy during the celebrations" he corrected the Police Chief. Edward signaled his men and Stephen was taken out. Just as he placed a foot on the step, there was a shot and a scream.  Thomas was on the ground, bleeding heavily. Nicole held a revolver in her hand. "Nicole! This is not what we rehearsed!" he berated the succubus. "No! I refuse to go down like somebody's b-oof!" she grunted as she fell to the ground. "Finally, that whore can shut up. Thank you Louise" gasped Mary. Louse gave the officer a thumbs up, confirming she is the guilty party. 

James rushed over to his nephew in law, concerned. "James..." He moaned. "It's alright" he comforted him. "If I may?' asked Stephen. James nodded. "No! I don't want him near him" Glared Charlotte. "Lotte, by the time a respectable doctor arrives, your husband will be joining the angels. Do you want that?' he asked. She shook her head vigorously. "Then shut up and let a real doctor tend to him!" He yelled. She backed off and Stephen knelt beside him. "I apologize on behalf of my crazy assistant. Now, get some gauze and apply pressure  the wound"  He explained. 

The gauze was brought and James, Mary and Charlotte along with Louse and Edward held down on the wound.  He returned with a needle. "This might hurt" He wared the young man. "I've felt worst" He replied, nodding his approval. The doctor stitched the wound closed with his teeth. Thomas squeezed his eyes shut, biting his lip till it bleed. The stitching done, the doctor stood. "Thank you" Charlotte said thankfully. His face darkened. "Ms. Baker. What you said about the crying...Looks like you're more human that I" He smiled.  The doctor was then led away.

AN: The end. Not  yet anyway.