Chapter 13

Cassie P.O.V

We were driving for about an hour and all this time I was thinking, thinking about what could possibly be the reason for all of this, then my phone rang.

"Perfect timing you guys." I said sarcastically.

"What's that?" he reached in my pocket, pulled out my phone and looked at the caller I.D.

"It's one of those brats you have as friends." he answered the phone and put it to my ears, "Talk."

"Omg Cassie are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine...for now."

"Where are you?"

I looked at Troy who was listening to the conversation, then said, "I don't know where I am or where I'm going but I want you to kn-" before I was done Troy grabbed the phone from me and hung up.

"Time's up chatterbox."

"Since it doesn't matter any more, can I at least know where you're taking me?"

"We're going to an amusement park just outside of town it's closed this weekend so we'll be the only ones there." "Happy now?"

" I'll be happy when you take me home."

He pulled up in the parking space closest to the front gate of the park.

Fun Time Amusement Park read the sign.

"C'mon princess we ain't got all night." he held me by my arm and took me out of the car.

" You could at least untie me, where could I possibly run?"

He thought for a moment agitated and then untied me.

We walked passed many booths and fun rides and went to sit on a bench in the far end. This would be quite romantic if I weren't being kidnapped and threatened to be killed.

"Okay Troy can you just kill me now and get it over with already?"

"Wait, how do you know my name?"

Oh shit! What did I just do?!

He turned to face me, surprise written all over his face.

"I asked you a question. Now answer me!"

"I have my ways." I am so dead.

"Whatever it doesn't matter right now." he calmed.

"What are we waiting for?"

"My dad."

"What do I have to do with any of this?"

"Everything." he paused, " Our fathers are bothers."

"What?!" This is too much to take in at once. "And does that mean we're cousins?"

"Well yes, but very distant cousins. Our fathers were really close and one day my dad found out something-he found out that he were to be put up for adoption but the papers got mixed up and couldn't happen. And when he confronted his mother thing got crazy and and he stabbed her."

"Oh my god!"

"Yeah. And your dad just had to call the police! Luckily my father got out town that night. He settled down, tried to turn his life around. Started his own business and ensured that I went to the best school"

"Crenshaw High. But what now?"

"Recently your father found out where my dad was hiding and threatened to put him in jail. We couldn't let that happen so I decided to transfer schools and keep an eye on you, make sure things go as planned."

"This is so messed up! Both you and your father are going to jail."

"Not if you both die, can't leave any witnesses."

At that moment a tall man about age 40 walked up to us holding another man by his arm.

Troy stood up, "Finally, thought you were never gonna get here dad."

"Had a little difficulty getting my worthless brother over here."

"Dad!" I yelled as he was flung towards me.

"I'm so sorry you got involved I just pray nothing happens to you. Good to know you're okay though."

"Blah blah blah! Get up the two of you time to go!"

We followed them to the dock where our arms were tied behind our backs with rope.

I didn't think I'd ever leave this world like this. Killed by my uncle and cousin.