Chapter 22

Riley ran around the apartment that John had trapped her in. John had left her naked in the flat. She searches frantically till she found some woman's clothes but they were too small for her. In the end, so she opted tp put on John's sweatpants and T-shirt. She hated wearing them but it would have to do. She hadn't planned her escape yet but she knew she had to do something. She ran to a window and saw that she was several floors up.
"I could fly out of here" Riley mumbled as she looked around for something to smash the glass. she spotted a small bronze statue to her right. Grinning as she grabbed it, Riley prepared to throw it. But then she dropped the statue, she put her hand on her stomach. If what John said was true, That she was pregnant, Riley couldn't fly. Her landing skills weren't exactly the best.

While she planned her escape, Riley's thoughts drifted to Loki. If Riley was truly pregnant, Loki would leave her. He wouldn't want to help raise another man's baby.

If she ever escaped, She would be alone. Again.

Riley bit her nails as she tried to come up with something. But she freaked out as soon as she heard keys rattling in the door. She thought John had returned. Riley looked around and immediately picked the statue back up. She held up the stature by her head as the door slowly opened.
"Put that thing down before you hurt yourself" A female voice called out.
"Sophie? What are you doing here?" Riley asked as she kept the statue by her head. Sophie sighed as she shut the door behind her. Locking it straight away, Throwing bags at Riley's feet.
"Figured that you needed some clothes" Sophie walked over to the sofa and sat down. Riley frowned as she put the statue on the table. She pushed the bag with her foot. Sophie just smiled as she kicked her heels off "Oh don't look at me like that, I live here"
"Then you can let me go" Riley frowned. Sophie just sat there. Legs tucked under her, Arm draped over the back of the sofa.
"No"
"No?" Riley flatly said.
"I am not letting you go" Sophie shrugged. She went to grab the remote but Riley snatched it away. Sophie shot off the sofa "Hey, That's mine!"
"Why won't you let me go?" Riley asked as Sophie tried grabbing her.
"I just won't. John told me to keep you here and that's what I am going to do" Sophie went to grab the remote but Riley dodged "Riley, Give me that remote!"
"Then let me go!" Riley raised her voice. She ran around to the other side of the sofa.
"I can't do that" Sophie climbed over the sofa but Riley ran off "Give me the flaming remote!"
"Not till you let me go!" Riley ran to the window.
"Even if I did, John will find you again. So you may as well stay here" Sophie put her hands on her hips "No. Give me the remote so we can watch Netflix"
"Why would you help him? I thought us girls had to stick together" Riley asked. Sophie sighed and went to the kitchen.
"Oh, that stupid girl code. Please. No one follows that. Men don't follow the bro code" Sophie groaned. Riley stay where she was "Do you want water or coke or something stronger?"
"How do I know you won't poison me?" Riley replied.
"And waste a perfectly good can of coke? I have some boundaries" Sophie came back into the kitchen with an unopened can and placed it on the coffee table "Trade? Drink for the remote?"
"You've poisoned it" Riley growled. Sophie rolled her eyes.
"If I wanted to poison you, I would have opened it" Riley cautiously walked to the table, placed the remote down and snatched the drink away. Sophie sighed as she sat back on the sofa "Now, Vampire diaries or pretty little liars?"
"Why are you helping John? You know what he has done to me right?" Riley stayed by the window.
"You guys had rough sex and you told everyone he beat and raped you" Sophie flicked Netflix on "I'm thinking Vampire Diaries. Damon is hot af"
"Stefan's hotter and is that what he told you? That we have rough sex?" Sophie rose off the sofa again and walked over to Riley "That man once me that if I ever told anyone what he had done to me, He would take Steve's shield and beat me to death with it"
"The shield that you helped him lose" Sophie spat.
"Fury already knew of John's temper. John battered an innocent within an inch of her life because she told him Steve's ass looked better in the suit"
"Liar! John is a good man and you are spreading vindictive lies because he cheated on you!" Sophie shouted. But her voice faltered a little. Was Sophie starting to believe Riley?
"Did he tell you that I'm pregnant?" Riley asked. Sophie looked away "I'll take that as a no"
"Are you sure it's John's?" Sophie spoke, barely above a whisper.
"I haven't had sex with anyone but him. He refused to wear a condom. He got off on the idea of getting me pregnant. He called it a breeding kink" Riley wasn't sure if she should believe John that she was pregnant. But right now, It was the only thing keeping her alive.
"You did it to trap him didn't you!" Sophie yelled. She tried to grab Riley's shirt but Riley slapped her hands away "John is mine. Not yours!"
"Okay, two things. 1. I don't want him! And two, why did he bring me here? He raped me after he brought me from the basement. After he wanted to beat it out of me"
"He would never" Sophie placed a hand above her stomach. Riley narrowed her eyes.
"You're pregnant too. Aren't you?"
"That is none of your concern"
"Sophie, he isn't the man you think he is. Why would you help him? Does he have something on you?"
"You asked why I was helping John" Sophie ignored the question "It's because I hate you"
"Why do you hate me?" Riley took two steps forward.
"IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU THAT MOTHER DIDN'T LOVE ME!!" Sophie screamed as she slapped Riley.
"I don't understand" Riley held her cheek "What has your mother got to do with me?"
"Such a child" Sophie hissed "You don't get it, Do you? You and I share a mother. We are sisters" Sophie sighed as she showed Riley her wings. They were much smaller and quite dull in colour compared to Riley's but still, They were beautiful.
"You have wings too? How?" Riley sat on her knees, Flicking her hair out of her face.
"From our mother's side. Our mother isn't from Earth. She came from one of the moons orbiting Jupiter, Amalthea. Or something along those lines" Sophie walked to the window "I was born 10 months before you. Once you came along, Mother sent me to our aunt. Here in the north. I last saw her when I was 4. She... She didn't want me. I wasn't as perfect as her precious Riley" Sophie clenched her fists. Tears filled her eyes.
"Mum left when I was a baby" Riley replied. Sophie spun around, Mouth hanging open "I haven't seen her since"
"But Mother doted on you. You were her favourite!" Sophie stormed over to Riley. Grabbing her by her shirt "What did you do to her?"
"I did nothing. I was a child!" Riley shoved Sophie away "What could I have done?"
"She probably left after she found out that her precious little Riley was wingless!" Sophie snapped back. Riley relaxed a little.

Riley took a few steps back and ripped some holes in her shirt and in a flash, Riley showed her wings to Sophie. Sophie stumbled back. She hadn't expected her sister's wings to be so... huge.
"They are... They are bigger than mine and white. How are they white?"
"When Alfred first saw these... these things, He tried to rip them out. But they wouldn't leave. So he tried to cut them off" Riley put her wings away. Hugging herself "After that, I hid them. Alfred denied that I even had wings, Still would to this day"
"Why do you call him Alfred and not Father?" Sophie tilted her head "We are full sisters, are we not?" Riley shook her head.
"I found out not too long ago that Alfred is not my dad. Volstagg's dad, Tyr, Is my dad. Surely John told you that?"
"No" Sophie shook her head, "He told me that you wrecked his life. Like you wrecked mine"
"He did that himself. Sophie, Can't you see that he played us both? He doesn't love us. He wants me because my dad is a walking God! Quite literally and he wants you because you're hot! We are just another notch on his bedpost"
"But he loves me. He asked me to get married. We having a baby" Sophie placed a hand on her stomach.
"And he did the same with me. The day he asked you was the day he asked me. In front of all my friends, Brother and Dad" Riley held up her hand, then realised that she never had the ring on. It was still at her old flat.
"But then you cheated on him with Loki" Sophie spat "You went behind his back and fucked a god"
"I've never slept with Loki," Riley said once again. She was sicking of repeating herself "John is the only man that I have slept with for the past year and that was by force"
"How do I know you're telling the truth?" Sophie licked her lips.
"Because if you didn't believe me, You would not have asked that question" Riley sniffed. Sophie shuffled, looking away "I ain't like some of the slappers in this town. I would never lie about rape and abuse" This is where Sophie broke down. Collapsed to her knees. Riley wanted to hug her but she also wanted to give Sophie space. Riley sat down in front of her sister "Sophie, answer me this" Riley shuffled forward a little "Had John ever hurt you?" Sophie didn't speak but she lifted her blouse up and showed Riley her ribs. They were black with bruises.
"He never aims for the face. Just my ribs. My abuse is not as bad as yours and yes, I knew what he was doing. He got off on it when he came back to me" Sophie wiped her eyes with the back of her hand "He wanted you broken. He planned to break you so much that you would never leave him. He's going to turn everyone against you"
"But everyone already knows what he did to me. One of my best friends reads minds. If you speak up then he will never win" Riley grabbed her sister's hand.
"He's won already. We will never be rid of him now because of the babies" Sophie sobbed.
"We can run away together" Riley exclaimed.
"Where? SHIELD may help you but they won't help me. You need to run" Sophie tried to pull her hand away but Riley held on.
"If I run, you run with me. We go together"
"I don't know" Sophie bit her nails "He'll find us"
"Loki and the others will protect us," Riley said. Though she wasn't sure if Loki would protect her now that she was possibly pregnant.
"Like they protected you when John came for you?" Sophie sniffed.
"How did you know that?"
"I was waiting outside with some men that John had rounded up. If he couldn't get to you, They would. They had collars that would make the Asgardians weak and killable" Sophie shuffled so her knees were out to her side "The man that tried it on with you was my adopted brother"
"I thought you went to live with our aunt?"
"I did. She died when I was 10. Alfred refused to take me in and we couldn't get hold of our mother so I was adopted. He doesn't know who you are. John paid him 100 quid to flirt with you"
"We need to get to Loki and the others. If John has these collars then he could kill them. He already shot them tonight" Riley stood up, Holding her hand out "Come with me" Sophie stared at Riley's hand for a moment. She then grabbed her sister's hand and nodded.

The pair had just got to the front door when it flew open. The girls screeched as wood flew everywhere. Riley used her wings to shield her sister and herself.
"I always knew you were a freak" John spoke. Riley pushed Sophie behind her "I remember seeing your wings when we were at school. I hated them then. And I hate them now" John swung his fist and hit Riley in the face. Riley yelled out as she stumbled. Hitting her head on the coffee table. Knocking her out cold.
"Riley!" was all Sophie could get out before something was shoved into her stomach and twisted. The force of the attack stole her breath away and yet it still took her much longer than it should have for her to realize what had just happened. John pulled away, ripping the offending pressure back out of Sophie's abdomen with a step back to admire his handiwork.
"Aww. If you hadn't moved, That would have been a clean cut" John pouted as Sophie dropped to her knees with a gasp as fire ignited in her stomach. Something warm and wet was pouring out of her abdomen at an alarming rate. Instinctively, She pressed a hand against the wound as the world spun around her. Sophie let herself fall onto her side and hoped that John would leave her to die. She wasn't in bad enough shape that she thought she would be unable to use her phone to call for help or an ambulance if he left her alone now. The moment she was on the floor, John started digging through her pockets. He took Sophie's phone, Smashed it on the floor and tossed it out the window.
"...Riley..." Sophie reached for her sister.
"Too bad you won't get a chance to learn from this" John kicked Sophie as she was now unable to pull herself back up off her side to fight back or try to stumble away for help. John placed his foot on Riley's wings and stamped on them. Breaking the bone of each wing "You should have left her to me"
"Get away from my sister" Sophie grunted. John just laughed.
"You're the one who planned it all. Don't you remember sweetheart?" John knelt by Sophie. He stroked her head "You're the one who corrupted me. Filled me with hate. I never wanted to hurt my true love. You caused this" John smirked as he went over to Riley and picked her up. Flinging her over his shoulder.
"Where... are you... taking her?" Sophie winced as she rolled onto her back.
"Well since you're going to be dead pretty soon, I'll tell you" John pointed out the window "There's a small hidden altar to the east of here. That bitch that is with Volstagg would know it. It's where she met Volstagg. Tell the devil to keep the throne warm for me" John slammed what was left on the door shut as he left, snapping it off at the hinges. Leaving Sophie in a pile of her own blood.

Sophie started crying, She had let her sister down. She had years of pent-up hate and for what? A petty sibling rivalry that Riley didn't even know existed.
"I need to save my sister" Sophie grunted as she summoned her wings. The blood splattered across the floor. While she could not walk, She could fly. She wasn't the fastest flyer but she knew she had enough speed to get her to the bar and tell everyone what had happened "I can do this. I have to do this" Sophie huffed. She presses her hand harder against her stomach. Using every inch of her power, Sophie flung herself out of the window and flew to the bar.