Chapter Thirteen

My peaceful sleep was disturbed in the worst possible way. By a phone call. I rolled over on my stomach, reaching onto the nightstand with my eyes closed. I picked up my phone, answered it and pressed it against my ear. "This better be good." I groaned as a yawn took over.

"I found her. Well, I found one of her alias' being used in Starling city right now." I quickly pushed myself up. "I was able to find the phone she purchased and turned on the location. Right now it's pinging towards a warehouse in the Glades."

I jumped out of bed, running towards my closet. "I'm on my way."

"I will call Oliver."

"No!" I snapped. "I will handle this. I don't need Oliver."

"Okay, but put a com in. You can't go in completely blind."

I agreed before hanging up the phone. I didn't have my uniform for this fight. She was going to be more covered than the jeans and t-shirt I was wearing. But that didn't matter. I went under the bed, pulling out my case. In the case were two red spray vials. I didn't know if they would work, but they were the only change I had. I put them in my pocket, put my com in, connected it with Felicity, armed myself with my favorite hand knives and gun, and ran out of my apartment. I'm not going to hurt her, but I can't go in there blind. Talking her down isn't going to work.

"I'm on my way." I told Felicity, running towards my car.

My mind was racing the entire drive to the warehouse, but it stayed on one focus. 'Save my sister.' That is what I had to do. That is what I am fighting for. I needed to make things right for her. I need to fix my own mistakes. I needed to give her a chance to have a life. I always tried to have it. Maybe get married, have kids. Something that was her choice and not his.

I made it to the warehouse, looking around. The outside looked empty and I could only hope the inside was empty too. I snuck through the door, keeping my eyes around. From all I could tell, there was no one else in the warehouse. Every room I looked into there was nothing. Every hall was empty.

I had to go up two levels before every instinct I had told me I was no longer alone. Katerina was standing by a table with a lamp, looking down at what I think is a map. "I know you're out there." She said and I'm not dumb enough to think she won't kill me. She won't be able to stop herself. I pulled out my gun, ready to point it at her. I went around the room coming out of a side entrance, closer to her. "You'd shoot me?" She asked, not looking back at me.

"Will you make me?" I asked.

She knocked the gun out of my hand with a belt I hadn't realized was on the table. From then on it was a full-on fight. The hardest fights are when one person has to hold themselves back and the other can't. That means if I can't get the upper hand, she will kill me and have to live with that. Which she can easily do if no one helps her. But if someone does, I can't let her have to live with that. She kicked me in the ribs, knocking me against the wall. She punched me on the chin and hit me again, making me fall to the ground. 'Noelle? Noelle! Noelle!' I could hear Felicity calling my name. I laid still, slowly reaching into my pocket so slowly that she wouldn't notice.

"They said you were the best. Clearly, they had no idea what they were talking about." She rolled me over and I sprayed the vial in her face. She stumbled back, coughing, and rubbing her face. But she didn't look back at me with any emotion other than anger.

Plan B.

I stood up from the ground, ignoring all my pain. I pulled out one of my knives, twirling it on my fingers, and holding it in my knives. "They call me the best because I am the best." This time the fight was different. She tried to kick, I blocked it. She tried to hit, I dodged it. She got so worked up, I kicked her, kneed her in the stomach, and had her pushed back onto the table with a knife against her throat. "Stay down. Stay down!" But I wasn't going to kill her and I think she knew that. She got the best of me, knocking the knife out of my hand. She headbutted my forehead, making me stumble back. She tried to go for the gun and I kicked her away from it before kicking the gun out of the way.

A strong shooting pain went into the back of my shoulder. I quickly turned around as Katerina pulled the knife back again. I blocked her arm, using my leg to knock her onto the ground, but my stabbed arm wasn't as strong as hers. And we ended up rolled over. She was on top of me with the knife point towards my next. I could see the murder in her eyes as she leaned into the knife, trying to get it closer.

Something told me to look over. I turned my head to see Oliver step into the room with his bow pointing towards him. Felicity. "No!" I shouted and I saw him freeze as I looked back at my sister. She was so focused on killing me, she didn't even see him. I fought her hands with the knife pointed only inches away from my throat. I reached into my pocket, spraying the rest mist into her face and this time she coughed backing away from me. She dropped the knife, wiping her face.

We were running out of time. Oliver walked over to me, helping me stand up. "Kira." I heard Katerina's voice and it sounded so scared. I looked back at her and I could see tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Me too." I nodded and I looked back down at the knife. "You have to take it out."

"What?" Oliver asked and Katerina nodded, picking up the knife. She cut into her thigh. She dug around for a second before pulling on the chip and stepping on it.

All my adrenaline was leaving me and the room started to spin. "We need to get out here." I pulled my eyes out of my pocket, tossing it to Katerina. "They're going to be here soon." That was all I was able to say before passing out in Oliver's hands.

I woke up to the hardness of the table and the shooting pain of my entire body. I looked over to see Oliver standing next to me. He smiled slightly at me. "Hey." His voice was soft.

I slightly smirked. "Is this hell? You would be in my hell."

Oliver chuckled before looking up to the other side of me. I looked over to Katerina standing next to me. "No, hell. Not anymore. Now, I get to start over."

I took a sharp deep breath in as I sat up on the table. I looked down to see Katerina's leg wrapped up. "I'm not going to lie to you, it's not going to be easy. Having to go from not choosing anything to having to choose everything."

Katerina slightly shrugged. "I've had worse."

My brain jumped back to when I had to switch over. I made such a drastic decision. I didn't make the decision. I just made a choice to follow someone I trusted. I followed someone I haven't seen in years. I don't even remember what his life is like anymore.

"It's the mission." My own voice from years ago flooded my memory.

"I think it's time we make our own choices." His voice sent chills up my arm. "There's so much red in our past, there might not be any way for us to fix it, but that doesn't mean it should go worse. Why make them any worse?"

"Do you have any idea what you are asking me to do? They will kill us both."