♦♦♦ℰ𝓅𝒾𝓅𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓎

MALIHA POV:

"Logon ki batain sunna achi baat nahi, my soon-to-be wife."

I stayed still in my place, not having the courage to turn around. My eyes were fixed on the door, and I bit my lip anxiously, afraid that he might have caught me listening to Tashfa and Mustafa bhai's conversation. Unfortunately, the realization that he had indeed caught me only made my predicament worse. My heart pounded in my chest, each beat echoing my growing unease. The sweat forming on my forehead felt like a betrayal, and a foolish, nervous smile formed on my lips before disappearing entirely at the look on his face.

His expression was a mix of amusement and seriousness, the latter being the one that truly unsettled me. He had always managed to provoke an emotional reaction from me, and today was no different. The intimidating aura he radiated left me feeling vulnerable and exposed. My mind raced with a single thought: *Ya kharos kahan se aa gaya?* But I couldn't voice it out loud, not with that intense look in his eyes.

Taking a deep breath to steady myself, I forced myself to confront him. Glaring at him with as much defiance as I could muster, I folded my arms over my chest and demanded, "Ap yahan kya kar rahe hain?"

He remained calm, his gaze unwavering as he replied, "Mera kamra main khari hain ap." His voice was steady, and those captivating green eyes of his—eyes I had been avoiding for some time now because they always left me feeling confused—seemed to pierce right through me. The way he looked at me made my thoughts scatter, and I struggled to keep my composure. His presence was overwhelming, making it difficult for me to focus on anything other than his proximity.

He took a few steps toward me, and I instinctively backed away. My back hit the door, and I glared at him, trying to maintain a semblance of control despite my racing heart. His nearness was almost unbearable; if I took even a single step closer, our bodies would be touching. The mere thought of that proximity made me feel disoriented.

"Ghar mera hai," I said defiantly, trying to assert some control over the situation.

"Afsos, ghar mera mamu ka bhi hai," he countered smoothly, his voice laced with an almost imperceptible challenge. His words only added to my frustration. The audacity with which he spoke was infuriating, but there was something else in his demeanor that made it clear he was not about to back down easily.

"Too..." I started, but my voice faltered. The closeness was making my mouth go dry. His proximity was so intense that every breath he took felt like it was echoing in my own lungs. The tension in the room was palpable, and I struggled to form coherent thoughts.

*Ya Allah, kis bala ke samna khara kar diya...*

His next question caught me off guard. "Ap unki batain q sun rahi thi?" he asked, his tone carrying an edge of curiosity.

"Kis ki?" I replied, trying to sound indifferent, but the truth was, his stare was making it nearly impossible for me to think straight. I looked up momentarily before quickly looking away, unable to withstand the intensity of his gaze. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest, and I could feel the blood rushing to my face. His scrutiny was unnerving, and I found myself struggling to manage my breathing.

Raising his eyebrow, he continued to fix his gaze on me, which made me let out a long, frustrated breath. I looked down, pushing a few strands of hair behind my ear as I desperately tried to avoid his penetrating eyes. The silence that followed felt like it stretched on forever, each passing second amplifying my discomfort.

The silence was eventually broken by his voice, startling me. "Main apsa shaadi krna chahta hun." The depth of his gaze, filled with emotions I couldn't quite decipher, made me flinch. I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself before I replied, "Uh, main um chalti hun... Allah Hafiz."