chapter 2

Ricardo's pov,

After finishing my work, I straight up went home because I overworked today. Well, I'd rather say it's my daily routine. It's only once every 2 weeks or 3 when I get time for myself. But the moment I entered my mansion, I felt the environment had changed. I saw a familiar car.

"wtf this old man want now?"

In anger, I shut my car's door too hard. I went inside my mansion. A few tea cups were placed on the table. Here he was sitting on my sofa. The old man is my grandfather. He was sitting there with a smile on his face. His smile was suspicious to me. I got weird vibes from that mischievous smile.

"Overworked again?" "My piccolo ratto," he said, grinning like a psychopath.

Piccolo ratto (small rat)

My servants can hear him. The gatekeeper was smiling because of that ridiculous nick name he just mentioned. and it's so embarrassing that I want to dig a hole, jump in it, and bury myself. gawawd why?

"Everyone gets out of here!"

"Hahaha!" the old man burst into laughter. "Oh my, you didn't change at all." He was still all red with anger and had a pouting face. He chuckled.

First and foremost, stop calling me that. Grandpa! I am no longer a child, but a grown man, and not in front of servants!!! It's embarrassing! " I said while looking at the direction of my butler. "Don't look at Mr. Kim like that. He used to change your dirty poopy diapers... hahaha " He wasted half my time laughing. and I, fed up with his bullshit, kept sighing. "What do you want, grandpa?" I will come straight to the point.

"Alright, alright! hahaha! "

"Ehm! so son! It is time for you to marry. " His expression was serious while saying this ridiculous thing.

He never mentioned anything about marriage or anything we  never talked about. Why all of a sudden? He continued. "I never mentioned your father's 3rd will. I was waiting for the right time to tell you about this. "

I was blank. I didn't know what to say. I was standing there. My whole body froze. I fulfilled all my father's wishes; I became ceo of his company; I ruled the underworld; I killed Stephen Knight. The third is going to be... I was never told about this.

"Your father promised Danish-" before even letting him finish with words I interrupted "!what??" 

I almost screamed. The moment I heard this name, I went wild. Anger was running in my blood that kept me saying "Kill! Kill! Kill!" 

"Did I give you permission to speak? Ricardo Veneto!" he said in anger. I calmed down and came back into my senses. I realised I disrespected my grandfather. I dared to look into his eyes. They were full of anger. I could recall how badly I was beaten up for skipping my classes. Grandpa is not a patient man. He is a lovely person till he gets angry. It's like a total disaster. 

"I apologise for disrespecting you, grandfather." I said. I removed my belt from my pants. and got on my knees. Veneto's family rule number one is that I shall never disrespect my elders.

"Raise your head! And listen! "he said in a strict tone. "Luca and Danish were good friends. They had a strong friendship bond, and Luca wanted this friendship to turn into a family relationship. "Luca wanted you to marry Danish's daughter because he trusted him so much, and so do I," Grandpa said proudly. and looked at me.

"But he killed my father! "Grandpa! " I argued. " Danish would never do that," Grandpa insisted.

"Really Grandpa? Do you trust someone who is not even your blood relative and you don't trust your own grandson? What was he doing when my dad was burning in a fire? He was standing there. Natasha and I saw it with our eyes! "

"It's a misunderstanding!" he screamed. I lowered my head again.

"your father, gave me responsibility to fullfill his last wish in his death bed!" in disbelief i stood up and i was about to head towards my room, he continued. Don't trust that girl, Natasha! She's like a sly fox, just like her father." My feet stopped the moment I heard this.

"I trust her! She's my girlfriend! " The mansion was too splendid. Grandpa was speechless. I saw his expression all confused and in disbelief. He looked at me and Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim gave me a disbelieving look. Well, Mr. Kim, I am very tired today, so I'm troubling you. Now deal with Grandpa.

* smirks*

"Joon! Why didn't you tell me he had a girlfriend? " He was screaming on his face while his hands were gripping his collar. "Sir! I'm sorry! I was waiting for the right time! "

"Enough! For lying to me, there is only one punishment! " CLEAN COW DUNG AT MY FARM!!!!"

"Noooooo!"

"riccardo ! Save me !!!! "

"Don't forget to shower when you return, Mr. Kim!" I gave him my last goodbye and my mischievous smirk. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________