9. PTSD

T h i r d P e r s o n

The days following the dinner dates were pretty much calm. Alexander and Amayra didn't argue much but their playful banter was unstoppable. It was their way of conversing with each other. Having breakfast and dinner with Amayra, became a part of Alexander's daily routine. However, once he was alone, he trapped himself amongst his thoughts and dark elements of his life.

What he didn't knew was his PTSD trying to consume his life once again. He tried spending as much time as possible with Amayra, for his sake.
~~~

A m a y r a

It was another hectic Thursday. I returned back into the apartment by 4. It was awfully quite in here. Andrea took a day off as her son didn't feel too well.

Passing through the hallway, I got a gut wrenching feeling. Deciding to go with it, I knocked on Alexander's door. Seconds passed into minutes, knocks passed into bangs and name calling turned into me yelling his name. No answer came back. I plugged in the speaker. A complete song passed yet I didn't see Alexander storming out of his wrong.

Something was definitely wrong.

I tried turning the door knob around and found it out to be unlocked. I wasn't planning to pry into Alexander's private space anytime soon. But extreme situations call for extreme steps.

Opening the door ajar, I found the room to be pitch dark. The curtains were thick enough to not let the outer luminous world to reach the vicinity of the room.

Am I married to a vampire or what?

Pulling out my phone from my pant's pocket, I switched on the flashlight. Walking into the room, I found the bedsheets to be really crinkly and messy, as if a person physically struggled a lot on it. My heart dropped on thinking about the possibilities. Please be safe Xander. I cried internally.

Taking a few more steps into the room, I found his night stand full of various kinds of pills and syringes. Is he taking drugs?

Shaking my head to get rid off the thoughts, I scanned the room. A door remained ajar there. I predicted it to be washroom's.

The sound of my footsteps echoed in the room as I kept advancing towards the ajar door. Walking in, I saw an enormous bathroom, equally dark as his room. That's when I noticed a hand lightly holding the rim of the bathtub. I sprinted towards the tub, only to find Alexander floating in water.

"Alexander!" I called out his name

"Alexander!" I called out his name. I made an effort to pull him out and make him sit against the wall. I tapped on his cheeks while trying to press on his chest to get rid of water from his lungs. "Wake up Alexander!" I cried.