25. Nice Try

Sero's match went pretty much how I expected, though Todoroki went a little more over the top than I thought he would. The third match was over quickly as well. Aoyama started off strong, but Shiozaki from Class B claimed victory in the end. The fourth match between Iida and Hatsume was dragging on pretty long though. I only caught the first bit before leaving to hang out in the waiting room before my own match, but I saw enough to see she was using Iida as a living breathing advertisement.

Poor guy. I felt kinda bad for him, I'm sure he's going to be embarrassed after that match. I was grateful it was dragging out so long though. It gave me time to calm my nerves. I wasn't really worried about losing to Kaminari or anything, but I wasn't excited to be the center of attention while we fought either.

I tapped my fingers on the table and sighed loudly to myself before dropping my head on the table in front of me.

"Hey. You doing ok?"

"Hm?" I looked up to see Uraraka standing above me. Her face was twisted into a grim expression that was pretty off putting, "Eh?! You're asking me if I'm doing OK, but what's with that look?"

She sat down next to me and rubbed the back of her head, "Oh well I don't know. I guess I'm just kinda nervous."

I sat up and nodded, "Yeah I hear you. Me too."

She sighed, "I know I can trust you to be honest with me... If there's anything to be said about you, you're good for that at least." She started before gazing down at her hands that were folded neatly on the table, "D-do you think... t-that I stand a chance at beating Bakugo?"

My eyes grew wide as I stared at her, she didn't dare look over at me. I didn't think it was hopeless or anything, but I was pretty sure that she wasn't going to be able to win this. I really didn't want to tell her that though, but I also didn't want to lie. I was still mulling over what I was going to say and started to open my mouth to reply when in walked Iida.

I quickly hopped up, "Oh well I guess that means it's time for my round! Good luck Uraraka!" I shouted as I bolted from the room. As soon as the door shut behind me I facepalmed, "Damn it... real smooth Eiko. You may as well have told her 'Oh no there is no way in hell YOU could POSSIBLY beat Bakugo...'" I mumbled to myself as I started heading for the arena.

******

"We're gonna charge right on along to the fifth match. It's time to introduce our competitors!"

The crowd cheered as Kaminari and I made our way to the arena and Present Mic gave our introductions.

"She got in on recommendations and it's not hard to see why. It's our force field loving hero in training. From Class 1A, Eiko Yagi!"

"Versus the boy with the electric personality, another hero in the making, Denki Kaminari!"

The crowd cheered as we stepped into the ring and stared each other down. "I wanna see a super flashy battle this time!" Present Mic yelled out, "So anyway, let's get this show on the road! Begin!"

Kaminari got into a fighting stance and then gave me a smirk, "What do ya say to making a wager with me?"

I looked at him quizzically, "Um what? This isn't really the t-"

He cut me off, "If I beat you then you have to agree to let me take you out on a date," He said with a wink, "Well?"

I cocked an eyebrow at him and smirked, "Oh yeah? You think this will be that easy?"

He smiled big and sparks started flying all around him, "I know it will! This is gonna be over in two seconds, honey." He put his hand up and the sparks flying around him started going crazy, "Indiscriminate Shock. One point three million volts!" He threw his hands down and a powerful surge of electricity rushed towards me.