Peculiar Flower

Tanjiro walked through the overgrown tree line into the clearing where the swordsmith village lay. But was frightened by the smell of blood and immediately ran towards the building from where the scent was coming from.

"How could there possibly be demons here?" He thought as he ran towards the hotel.

As he entered the building, he ran up the stairs and barged into a room, only to find Aikiri staring at him. "I-I'm sorr-.

Before he could finish his sentence, Aikiri landed a swift punch to Tanjiro's face, which in turn knocked him and the box on his back to the ground. "If you couldn't take a punch from me, how do you possibly think you could defeat an upper moon?" He said mockingly.

Aikiri picked up the young slayer and sat his limp body outside his room.

Tanjiro, coming to his senses, smelt blood oozing from the room behind him. His body leapt into action, only recalling a glimpse of what was beyond the door.

Just then, the door was flung open from the other side. In a swirl of red from Aikiri's haori, Tanjiro found himself flat on the floor. The person who had disarmed him was holding his broken sword.

"You dumb, stupid, child. Why the hell are you bombarding my room?"

Tanjiro was stunned as a slayer was looking down on him, holding his broken sword and covered in blood.

"Such speed! Who is this guy?" He thought as his mind raced.

"Hey, are you brain dead!? Answer the question!" Aikiri scolded as he threw Tanjiro's broken sword on the ground. "Tsk...you even have a broken sword how useless are you?"

"I ran in here because I smelled blood, and you're the source of it!" Tanjiro said as he stood up off of the ground.

"Heightened sense of smell, red hair and a box on his back, I know who this is." Aikiri thought as he handed back the broken sword. "Your Tanjiro, right?" He said calmly.

"Y-yes, sir!" Tanjiro answered swiftly. "How does he know who I am?"

Aikiri moved towards the box that sat on the floor and reached to open its door, but right as he went to reach for the handle, Tanjiro grabbed his wrist, stopping him from opening it. "Do you want to be on the floor again?" Aikiri glared.

"No, I don't, but please don't open the box!" Tanjiro answered swiftly, not knowing what Aikiri would do if he found out was inside of it.

Just as Aikiri was about to flip Tanjiro on his back, the door to the box slowly opened, and a small Nezuko crawled out.

"So, it's true then." Aikiri said as he let go of Tanjiro's wrist.

Nezuko got up, walked towards Tanjiro, and layed her head into his side. "Mmph!" Nezuko murmured happily.

"See not things wrong." Aikiri said, trying to force a smile. "Now, don't ever, barge into my room like that!" He dropped the smile immediately and scolded Tanjiro.

"Yes, sir!"

"Now get out before I knock you out again!" He yelled.
**************************************
Shihonami sat in the backyard of his estate handfeeding the koi fish that swam in the pond until a kasugai crow flew overhead.

"Adatase Shihonami! Adatase Shihonami! Head south, southeast to investigate disappearances!" The crow squawked loudly.

"That's just fantastic." He groaned, waving his hands around to dry them off as he got up to go and get his sword and haori from his room. "I wonder how uneventful this will be." He sighed, picking up his sword.