Chapter 8

The former Imperial Assassin was in disbelief and horror. Her captain, Meliodas has fallen in battle against Gilthunder in a short but intense fight. She knew that Meliodas is powerful and easily defeat anyone in battle but it appears he couldn't bring himself to harm a boy who used to look up to him in the past and let the pinkette Holy Knight deal a fatal blow on the shoulder.

Too much death. Akame has seen too much. Her friends in the Elite Seven had died. Her comrades in Night Raid had died except for her boss Najenda and her beloved sister Kurome too. And now, the Seven Deadly Sins are next. Why? Why does this keep happening to her? It's as if Death itself wanted to make fun of her and killed all those she had hold close bonds with just to see her grieving in misery and pain.

In apparent victory over the legendary captain of the Seven Deadly Sins, Gilthunder moved Meliodas' body to see his dying face before finishing him off in a good clean death. "Dragon's Sin of Wrath, Meliodas of the Seven Deadly Sins, do you have any last words?"

Still bleeding from his wounds, Meliodas weakly answered. "...The others. What happened to the others?... That's all I want to know."

Sheathing his weapon, Gilthunder decides to tell him at his dying moment. "Very well. I'll tell you. Of the remaining five, the whereabouts of the three are unknown. However, we know the location of the other two. The Fox's Sin of Greed is imprisoned in Baste Dungeon. The Grizzly's Sin of Sloth has passed. He perished in the Capital of the Dead. Do not worry. I will see to them personally."

Ban imprisoned... and King... dead...? No, no please no..., Akame cried out in her thoughts of what Gilthunder informed about the status of the members of the Seven Deadly Sins. Three members are unaccounted for that would mean Merlin, Gowther and Escanor still out there probably still alive. Ban imprisoned and King perished. If Meliodas dies now and Ban rotting in prison, that would make four Sins left. The casualty count of the Seven Deadly Sins had escalated quite too quickly than Night Raid or Elite Seven combined!

"I see..." Meliodas said as he closed his eyes about go on a peaceful death... not! "Thanks, Little Gil!" as he opened his eyes wide and carefree before getting back on his feet once more as if nothing happened despite the heavy slash wound on his shoulder.

Gilthunder appeared to be not amused at all of Meliodas' antics.

"Uh,...what just happened?..." Akame deadpanned said, seeing how the Dragon's Sin of Wrath so carefree and casual even if he was fatally wounded after being informed of the current states of the two other Sins. So that's what he's after... Captain, you idiot.

"The Baste Dungeon and the Capital of the Dead, right? Guess, I'll pay them a visit.", the blond boy playfully smirked.

"I see... You let yourself come to harm in order to find your allies are." Gilthunder coldly realized Meliodas' true intentions.

"We'll continue this some other time. Okay?", Meliodas casually said. This would mean the end of their duel for now.

"You wish!", Gilthunder coldly retorted of the blond boy's suggestion as he unsheathed his lightning-infused broadsword once more to cut through Meliodas in front this time but the blond boy quickly evaded in a casual manner!

Turning around, the pinkette Holy Knight attempted to slash at the legendary Deadly Sins captain in fast speed but all are easily evaded again in a casual manner almost as if Meliodas was teleporting in short distances. Gilthunder was about to attempt another heavy blow on the blond boy again but was suddenly intercepted by the Owl's Sin of Vanity herself!

After shrugging off the shock of Meliodas' antics, Akame sprung into action and swung her Murasame, with her shadowy power activated, clashing with Gilthunder's lightning broadsword.