March

I saw Samuel sitting in front of the nurse office and it was too late to react. He saw me.

- Just come in. There's room for both of us. I promise I won't try any moves on you this time, Samuel tried to joke around. I sat down as far as possible.

- I just came to have a little chat with the nurse. Get some stuff out of my system, Samuel tried to have a conversation but I was silent. I stared at the wall and tapped the floor with my shoe. I was nervous.

- And you? I thought I'd not see you at school since you stayed homeschooled? Samuel asked.

- I have no choice. Doctor's order.

- Oh yes you had the appointment. How did it go?

- It went, I just said. Samuel took his phone out of his pocket.

- I found this amazing new song. Do you want to listen?

- No. Put that away.

- Anthony please. I'm trying, Samuel offered the phone again and I pushed it away. My sleeve rose up. I quickly put the sleeve back down. Samuel's heart stopped.

- Anthony...

- It's not what you think. I strained my wrist on the weekend, I said and bit my thumb.

- I thought you said you've stopped. The doctor's visit... It didn't go well did it?

- I just said it's not what you think.

- No no no. Please let me see.

- What? No! I told you already. Don't worry about it. It's not your concern.

- But I'm concerned. I care!

I got up.

- Don't. Just don't.

- Anthony, the nurse opened the door.

- Oh. Samuel did you want to see me too? I'll take Anthony first.

- No. It's fine. Some other time.

- Okay. Well Anthony come in, the nurse went in and left the door open for Anthony to follow. I turned around from the door.

- Keep your mouth shut, I told Samuel.

*

The prom was getting closer. There was a pre-prom party held at the community house.

- Are you coming? Let's practice the dance coreography one more time together and then just let's have fun, Penelope asked and woke Samuel up. He had been staring at his phone. But there was no messages. Samuel had sent a dozen or so to Anthony. He hadn't seen him since last time and was worried. When Samuel went to bring the homework it was always either Anna or their mom picking it up. Samuel sent Anthony yet another message, requesting a meeting at the park.

- No I don't think I come, he answered to Penelope.

- Why? Marcus asked.

- Maybe I need to find better friends to hang out with.

- Are you still upset what happened with ballerina? He didn't sue us.

- Maybe he should have.

- Things just got a little bit out of hand, Larry said and Samuel saw red.

- A little.... You probably fucked up his entire life and you tell me that things got a little bit out of hand?

Samuel couldn't take it anymore but started a good old fight with his former bestfriends.

- Guys! Stop it! Penelope screamed and separated the boys from each other.

- Let's not ruin our prom perfect faces okay? Fight after the prom!