1

Princess Layla sat in her temporary bedroom as her father was making a political agreement with the northern invaders. Her and her father were going to different countries just to explore as they did every few years. Her ladies in waiting Iris and Ivy were with her and Layla was designing new dresses for her ladies. Seeing new clothing styles in different kingdoms and countries inspired Layla.

This was the fourth day off the northern invaders having been in England. Layla wanted to be able to go outside and train with her hand maidens but instead all three of them were stuck inside contained within the same four walls. Finally a knock was heard on the door. Iris went to open it while the other two girls stayed sitter on the bed. Sighing in relief Iris stepped aside and let in King Akin.

"How was the political meetings father. Did they go well?" Layla asked. King Akin sighed and motioned for some privacy. The twin maidens both stepped out and closed the door behind them. Layla looked at her father confused while seeing that he was stressed.

"Daughter in order to make sure that they didn't storm the castle and hurt the inhabitants I had to make a very specific agreement with the northern men." King Akin said. Layla looked into his eyes and sighed.

"I am to be married off aren't I?" Layla said. King Akin nodded not able to look his only daughter in the eyes. "Very well. When do we leave for this marriage?"

"We leave with two days time for Egypt to get your things and for you to say goodbye to your people before you go to their land and get married." King Akin said. He was confused as to why she was so calm and collected about this arrangement. She never showed interest in marriage before at all.

"Well then I guess I best start packing up my belongings then." Layla said. She walked over to the door and opened it only to see her brothers and her hand maidens fall through the doorway from eavesdropping.

 She walked over to the door and opened it only to see her brothers and her hand maidens fall through the doorway from eavesdropping

Layla rolled her eyes and King Akin shook his head disappointed in his sons. The Egyptian king shooed his sons away leaving his daughter and her maidens to themselves.

Though Princess Layla obviously was not happy about the arrangement she didn't whine or make a fuss about it. She knew she was going to be married off at some point just not this quickly. Layla and her handmaidens packed up all of their belongings and weapons as well as different fabrics that Layla had acquired from markets from the different countries she visited as well as Egypt.

Layla did as her father told her and went back to Egypt with him. While in Egypt she made sure to pack all of her weapons that she had designed and received over the years. She also packed up all of her dresses before the king announced that Princess Layla was leaving to get married. The crowd had mixed emotions as some were upset that she was leaving and some were happy for her. But most of the citizens loved and admired the princess so it was a loss for everyone.

Princess Layla and her father traveled a long way up North until they landed in Norway. Before getting off of the boat Layla made sure to wear a veil to cover her face. She would reveal herself when she went to meet the man she is to marry. They decided to rest for a day before a group of vikings came to escort them by boat to Kattegat.