chapter-5

After they left, it was just the two of us. He was still staring at me. I broke eye contact and looked downwards, looking at my hands shivering with anxiety. He kept coming closer, and I took my step backwards each time he stepped forward. I realised there was no way back; it was the kitchen counter. His steps didn't stop. He came so close that I could feel his heavy, warm breath in my head. He was so tall. I could feel the heat from his sweaty body. I still didn't dare to look up.

He bent down and rested his hands on the counter, trapping me. With all the strength that was left in my body, I looked up, looking into his eyes. I had a strange sensation that I had never felt before... Was it sexual tension? it cant be. 

"From now on, they won't be making me breakfast. You are going to do it. understand? " he said. I nodded.

i didnt say anything. i cant argue with a "make me a sandwich" guy.  

"yes"

as he left i let out a sigh. seriously this guy is so frustrating.

To be honest, I don't know what to make for breakfast and, the worst thing, I don't know how to cook Italian food. Even though I was born in Italy and lived here, I never got that much exposure to Italian culture. I was homeschooled. Then, after I turned 18, I had to get admission to a university, but due to my financial condition, I only graduated from high school. I really never had friends. My aunt is an immigrant, and so is her husband. Our home is just like any Indian household. We eat Indian food. Italian food never suited me. But now I have to make Italian food. From what I know from Shelly, they have a very light breakfast. I don't even know the name of what it is called. My stereotypical mind can only think of pasta and pizza...

A coffee and croissant might help... Shelly, I really need you by my side...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The kitchen was a mess. Sarah was on the phone, talking to Shelly, who was helping her to make a cross.

"What? "You mean roll it like I do with chappati?"

"It caught fire!"

After so many attempts, she finally made it. She carefully placed it on the table. He was sitting on the chair with his legs crossed. He glared at her, looking up and down, judging her hard.

"Wtf happened to you? Were you cooking or playing? "

"I'm sorry."

"Wtf is this? "You made it for me or a dog?" he said with a disgusted expression. He stood up in anger and made his way towards her. He furiously grabbed her neck harshly. Her heart started beating faster.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how to cook food." He threw her on the floor. Her glasses broke.

"You are fucking worthless!"

She picked up her glasses, which were broken. Anger was raging in her. She felt like slapping him, but unfortunately she couldn't do that. She had enough of him. She wanted to stand up for herself. She took a deep breath and looked up with confidence and glared at him. Even though she couldn't see his eyes clearly, she managed to make eye contact.

"You dared to glare"

"What the fuck is your problem?" She said, cutting his word off. She made up her mind that there was no way she was going to take his bullshit anymore. Ricardo was stunned by the sudden change in her. Was it all because he broke her glasses?

I was too easy on you, wasn't I? How dare you talk back to me? Ohh your glasses? " He snached her glasses and forcefully threw them on the floor, then stepped on them, crushing them with his foot.

Now listen, you slut!! never! Never talk back to me. When I ask you to speak, only then are you allowed to open your fizzy mouth. AND... DO NOT GIVE ME THIS ATTITUDE AGAIN! " He grabbed her jaw harshly. She was defenseless. She felt like hitting him, but if she did that, he might do worse. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Ahhemm...sir! Mr. Paul is here to meet you," said a middle-aged man. He looked just like a butler.

"Oh my lady, are you okay?" He gave her a hand to help her stand up like a lady.

"Yes, thank you."

"I'm sorry, madam, but you have a bruise on your neck; would you like me to consult a doctor?" He said it in just a gentle tone.

"No, I'm fine. Umm-what shall I call you?"

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm Kim Joon. You can call me Kim. I'm Mr. Ricardo's butler. It was my pleasure to meet the lady of this villa. "

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Kim. But now I shall bid you goodbye. I need to get ready for work. "

"Madem, are you sure you are okay with this? Sir should not treat you like this. You are his wife. "

"It's taking me a while to process this, but can you do me a favour? Please buy me a new pair of glasses. It's broken. I can barely see anything from a distance.

"Sure Madem"

hi everyone, i know its been a while. im busy with my exams and assignments, so I barely get time to work on my story.I wont be able to update for while. but stay tuned. i'll binge post later.

if you like the story please do vote for it and share it.

happy reading