Chapter 14 - Journey of Jung Hoseok

Hoseok: The next attempt may not be perfect, but the second is better than the first, and the third is even better than the second. That is the moment I decided, 'I'm glad I chose not to give up

***********************************************************************************************

YEAR: 2010

PLACE: GWANGJU, SOUTH KOREA

JUNG HOSEOK'S POV:

The more they find out about my mistakes, the more I want to become perfect.

I never backed out of dancing. That was honestly the most lively thing in my life.

I took dance classes at Gwangju Music Academy for six years, from fourth grade to my first year of high school. Luckily I was also a member of an underground dance team called Neuron.

I had worked all the way up till here. I even did street dancing. To be honest it was fun. At least it was worth the risk.

I looked at the shelves where I saw the awards that I had won in various local competitions, including first place in a national dance competition in 2008. At least I made my parents proud. So far I have not had any complaints.

For something to be gained, something must be given up. So I gave up my normal teenage life for my dream.

TIME SKIP TO THE PRESENT DAY

I was getting ready for an audition today.

"Eomma..." I called my mom several times to say good luck to me for the day. Her wish has always been for my luck. But I guess she is busy cooking.

I looked at myself in the mirror before giving final confirmation of today's look. I did my hair a little more for a satisfying look. That's it. Now let's roll.

Today was a big day for me.

Suddenly, I turned to my lucky charm, which I always carry around. I don't know what this exactly was, but as far as I remember it was something that changed my life the day after I got it. With the red crystal now transformed into a hip-hop pendant, I wear it almost everywhere I go.

To be honest, it is completely insane the incident I found this little crystal. I was scared and crying on the stairs when it formed outta nowhere. That is crazy. But my mom said it was just a story made up by me. But I didn't want to give up on this one. As a result, I like it more and more every day.

***********************************************************************************************

I was sitting at the table when mom served me breakfast. Dad was also there.

"Where did you head this morning?" he asked while keeping his eyes on his plate.

I looked at my mom a little nervously before I replied "Appa... there was an audition today at a company called Big Hit. I am going there for the final round."

Dad finally looked up at me with an unpleasant look as he replied " isn't your audition over yet? I thought you lost your chances with JYP"

I looked down. A little ashamed of myself. I really thought that I would make it with JYP at last month's audition. But I failed.

"Appa... This one is different"

"Hm... I hope this audition will be different too. I hope you remember your promise from last time. In the case that you cannot get in at this time, you must focus on your studies and help me run this house if you are unable to do so. Don't forget you have a sister too, huh?"

I looked to my side, where my older sister Ji-woo was sitting. She supports me unconditionally. Guess this is what siblings are for.

"Appa... Don't worry, he's gonna pass this one"

"Hmm." he nodded as he began to continue with his breakfast.

***********************************************************************************************

I am finally standing before the Big Hit building. It didn't have the same impact as JYP, but Big Hit gave me new hope to find myself.

So I thought to surprise them, not just with my dancing, but also with my rapping. And thus I took out my favourite mix tape that I made this year.

***********************************************************************************************

I was waiting in the lobby for my turn when they finally announced my name.

With hope in my heart, I entered the audition room.

The next 20 minutes passed by showing them a few good moves and my new rapping skills. Honestly, there were a lot of kids my age who went to the audition. And some of them were even better than me.

Standing in line now I am silently praying that they take my name on the passing list. But as time passed by I didn't hear my name on the list.

The final names were already been taken and I was not one of them. It broke my heart. Is this really the end? My mind was really numb when I was called again by one of the crew members.

"Hoseok?"

I was a little confused as I replied "yes, that is me"

"I think PD Nim wants to have a word with you"

***********************************************************************************************

I was made to sit that day for 20 more minutes until the CEO of the company arrived.

"Hoseok is it?" he asked with a smile.

This was the first time that I had a conversation like this with a CEO.

"Yes sir"

"Make yourself comfortable, Hoseok"

"Thank you, sir" I bowed at him as I sat back making him believe I was comfortable. But in reality, I was panicking inside.

"So I asked you here today because I see potential in your dance moves and rapping skills. Though it would need a little polish up"

I was not sure if I was caught up in his words. I mean I just got rejected and now he is asking me to join his company?

"But I just..."

I know you have many questions in mind. But trust me, you would be a perfect fit for my new project. Nevertheless, I will sign you for the next generation of idols if you agree." He kept his decision.

Should I panic or just be happy with what I heard just now?

"yes... I mean yes I agree sir"

"just so I thought. Welcome to the group Hoseok," he smiled and we shook hands before he left me there dumbfounded.

And finally, that day was the first step towards my future. I closed my eyes thanking god for the day.

My family wouldn't believe me as I told them the story at the dinner table. This was just the beginning. And now I have to work even more.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

SO THAT WAS A LITTLE STORY ABOUT HOBI. HE IS REALLY AN AWESOME PERSON. NOT TO FORGET KILLER WITH HIS DANCE MOVES.

Okay, so see y'all in the next chapter?

But wait before we go, let me know who you think is the 4th member of BTS. Comment below