3.6. Hydra

Hydra

After the three walked around a little more Steve stopped infront of a cupboard.

He heard wind coming from between the two cupboards he was inspecting, "If you're already working in a secret office," he pulled the one cupboard to the side, "why do you need to hide the elevator?" he wondered.

They looked forward at the elevator doors.

"Let's find out." Costia said as the three walked towards the elevator. Natasha used her device to crack the code from the elevator. She typed it in and the doors opened with a ring.

"After you." Costia watched as Steve walked in the elevator first, the two women followed. They drove downstairs until the elevator stopped with another ring.

The doors opened and they faced a dark room.

They walked inside and watched as the elevator doors closed behind them. After a few seconds the lights in the room switched on. The room was bigger than expected and it was filled with old computers.

"This can't be the data point." Natasha said as she looked around confused, "This technology is ancient."

Costia agreed before she spotted the only thing in the room that didn't look old.

"Tasha." she said as she nodded towards it. It was a USB port that looked a little more modern.

Natasha took the USB-stick out of her pocket and put it in the port. All the computer and systems in the room started and the three main screens showed a green writing.

Also a camera that was attached to the screens spotted the three.

An electronic voice started to speak 'Initiate system?' the voice said and at the same time it was written on one of the screens.

Natasha placed her hands on the dusted keyboard, "Y-E-S spells yes." she said as she typed in the letters, they heard how something was powering up.

"Shall we play a game?" Natasha joked, she turned around to Steve "It's from a movie that was really-"

"I know." Steve interrupted her, "I saw it."

Costia laughed, normally Steve didn't undertsand stuff like that. But he got that reference.

The three watched as a face appeared on the monitor infront of them. It was green and just out of dots but you could still see that it was a face. 'Rogers, Steven' the voice that matched the face on the screen said with a strong german accent 'born 1918.'

The camera turned over to Costia, 'Reyonova, Costia Eleanora, born 1986'. Costia looked at the computer infront of her confused. How did it know this?

Natasha looked over to her girlfriend, she knew what memories her full name triggered for her.

Then the camera turned to Natasha, 'Romanova, Natalia Alianovna, born 1984.'

"It's some kind of recording." Natasha said as she looked at the screen. 'I am not a recording, Fraeulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945. But I am.' it said.

It showed a picture of a man, "You know this thing?" Natasha asked as she looked at Steve.

"Armin Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years."

'First correction, I am Swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive. In 1972, I recived a terminal diagnosis. Sience could not save my body. My mind, however, that was worth saving, on 200,000 feet of databanks. You are standing in my brain.'