chapter-6

As Ricardo headed out of his building, he saw a grizzled old man staring at the black roses locked in a cage. as he was about to touch those leaves. Ricardo, break the silence.

"It would be nice to leave it alone," he said.

The grizzled old man backed up from there and turned his head in his direction, giving a hasty smile.

"I apologise for that, but the flower is so mystically beautiful that I can't help but want to feel it; I can't believe it's even real," he explained, not taking his eyes off the flowers. Ricardo gave a forced smile and looked away.

"Is Natasha home yet?" "I need to talk to her."

"Oh, you can do it whenever you want. But before that, I have a favour to ask." Ricardo lifted his eyebrows, giving him permission to continue.

"El Chapo is dominating my territory in Mexico," but I don't think he has that much of an army as our family has." He paused and came closer to Riccardo and whispered, "He is hiding in Italy from the government."

"Wouldn't it be more profitable to make a deal with him instead?"

"Not profitable to me."

"But won't it be profitable for your drug business?"

"NO" 

"I see," he said, looking down in disappointment. Something like that occurred to him.

"Anyways, I forgot to congratulate you on your wedding," he said. He could already see the annoyance in his face, but he continued.

"Natasha will be sad to hear that, but she will be fine." She'll find someone better." Finally, he saw his expression change from a frowning face to one full of agony, with eyes that showed fear—fear of losing your loved one.

"Listen, Paul," he said, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"This marriage is only for a short time."

"till old Gramps is alive."

"and what about my-" as paul was about to state his problem one more time, as mr. kim intruppted him. 

"Sir, we have another party to deal with this morning." "I'm delighted to see you, Mr. Paul, but sir has a busy schedule today."

"I see. I will take my leave then." "Later," he said, putting on his black hat and storming out in rage.

"Sir, I wanted to congratulate you on your wedding, but I guess I don't need to."

"Yeah, you don't need to, but you need to shut your mouth in front of Grandpa. "Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir." he couldn't say anything else. he nodded with a disappointment on his face.

sarah's pov,

When I stood up, my knees became bruised. Mr. Kim helped me as I lost my balance. I can't figure out what happened all of a sudden. I immediately walked into my room and saw my face. I could see his fingers imprinted on my cheek. I couldn't believe it; I had been hit. Tears fell from my eyes as I touched my cheeks, and as I felt the sting of the pain, a deep anger and sadness boiled inside of me.

Do I have to bear this for the rest of my life? a loveless marriage with an abusive husband. Will I ever get freedom? I've already suffered since my parents died and got into trouble because of greedy relatives. I worked hard to make my life better, but it's going to get worse. I feel like I'm trapped in a cage and have no hope of escaping.