49.

Dear Adeena,

I hope you're fine unlike me, it has been a long time since I have written the last letter to you but today my heart felt the urge to write to you. Well, Adeena I want to ask just a question to you, how did you forget me because I am unable to do so. Sometimes I feel afraid because with each passing day I'm seeing Shifa putting up steps towards me but I am clasping tight on your love. Am I doing an injustice to her? If it is true I am dying of guilt; I don't know what to do because I am unable to take out you from my heart and give space to Shifa.

Shifa is a kind and nice girl. I do not doubt her pure heart and intentions. She is an ideal girl any guy could dream of but my case is different; my dreams, my eyes, my heart and my everything go after you, only you.

Daniyal

Folding the letter I seel that in an envelope and write the date on it as usual. Sometimes, I feel I am describing my feelings for Adeena, who's not going to read these letters anyway. I just want to let her know how I feel without her but I also want to know how she feels without me or does she even feel anything for me?

"What are you doing Deni? we are getting late," A voice grabbed my attention and I turned to see my wife standing near the bed shoving her mobile phone in the bag.

"Yeah just coming, you go for breakfast," I ordered her without looking at her as I was opening my cupboard to put this letter with all others.

"What do you hide in that box, Deni?" I suddenly turned to see her, her brown eyes were filled with curiosity to know what was inside that wooden box. "What do you think?" Instead of answering I put another question in front of her.

This is the best way to avoid answering! Put another question in the reply to a question!

"Umm... I don't know, that's why I'm asking you!"

"It's not anything important, so let's go for breakfast." Locking the box in the drawer I shut the door of the cupboard and gestured for her to come for breakfast. Baba and Ammi were having their breakfast and their lovely daughter-in-law served them tea before taking her seat beside me.

"I've made sandwiches for you." She lifts the plate for me, "how do you manage to make breakfast when you've to attend college?" My question was valid but her reply was sweet. "Ammi does more than half my work, it's not even a problem."

These two ladies of my home are each others' favourite!

"Ammi do you know, your son calls me bewaquf aurat (idiot woman)," Shifa told ammi and I looked at her to get scolded, she glared at me "Beta Daniyal ko to aadat hai aesi baate karne ki, aap dil pr nhi lijiye" and caressed Shifa's head.

(Beta it's his habit, Don't take it to heart.)

"Daniyal itna sach bhi nhi bolna chahiye." Ammi was still giving me an angry look but I had to admit this was good! I was laughing loud at Shifa's leg-pulling and Her face was sightable.

(Daniyal you shouldn't state too much truth,)

"Ammiiiii... Aap bhi? Aapne mujhse kaha tha aap meri side hongi..." Shifa cried but we all laughted,

(Ammiiiii... You too? But you told me before marriage that you'll be in my court.)

"Baba sees, Ammi and Deni both are making me fun." And the complaint was forwarded to the head of the family.

"Khatija... Bas bhi kariye... Beta preshan na ho main aapke sath hu." Controlling himself to laugh Baba removed his specs and scolded Ammi in a friendly way.