Chapter 3

To say Grandpa Max was annoyed was an understatement. "What were you thinking!?" Kevin, Gwen, Ben and Julie winced at the old plumber's tone. A gross understatement.

Kevin points at Ben. "It was Tennyson's idea!"
Gwen facepalms. "Very smooth Kevin."
Ben glares at Kevin, but shrinks on himself when his grandpa approaches. "Well in that case, Ben, care to explain?" Ben mumbles a little. Max leans forward a little. "What was that?"
Ben relents. "They had my kids."
Max is caught by surprise and is in silent shock for a few seconds before composing himself. "I'm not going to lie Ben, I thought that something like this might happen."
Ben looks at his grandpa hopefully. "You did?"
Max nods. "Yes. I understand that being able to turn into so many different aliens might have given you ideas, but I thought that at the bare minimum you would still use protection."

Ben's face goes white while Kevin snickers while Gwen and Julie look at him with pity. "Now wait a second-"
"So, I'll be taking a more active role in your education to make sure this doesn't happen again. The first thing you need to know about Vulpimancers is-"
"They're necrofriggian!" Ben yells, blushing a bright red. His companions pale at the thought of what they were about to hear.
Grandpa Max is shocked for a moment. "Oh. Ok. I'm not going to lie, I didn't know that was possible. That watch never stopped surprising me."

Ben couldn't help but nod in agreement. Max looks Ben in the eyes. "What do you plan to do with them?"
Ben awkwardly rubs the back of his head. "I didn't think that far ahead." His teammates groan while Max has an unsurprised look. "It was a very intense situation! I was high on paternal instinct!"
Kevin playfully scoffs. "More like maternal instinct."
Ben ignores him. "Is there anything I can do to keep them?"
Max rubs the bridge of his nose. "They can stay here." He stops Ben's celebration. "For now. You have to find somewhere for them evenatully."
Ben nods worh a wide smile. "Understood."
Max nods. "Good. However you will be needing some more supervision from now on, so I'll be assigning you a new partner for when you're other teammates are busy."
"What?" Ben doesn't know how to feel about that.
At that moment, a Revonnahgander enters a salutes to Max. "Magister Tennyson, Rook Blonko reporting."

Kevin gives the newcomer a calculating look. "A Revonnahgander. Nice choice. Very close to human. Incredible reflexes, and skilled."
Ben looks intrigued. "Really?"
He pops up the Ultimatrix dial and twists it a certain way and it scans Rook.
It speaks in Ben's voice. "Revonnahgander DNA detected, triggering transformation."
The dial twists itself a few times before pushing itself down and there's the iconic green flash.

In Ben's place is a small Revonnahgander that barely makes it to Rook's shoulders, the iconic logo in the centre of his chest

In Ben's place is a small Revonnahgander that barely makes it to Rook's shoulders, the iconic logo in the centre of his chest. Said Revonnahgander looks himself over and smiles. "Nice."
All is silent before Kevin bursts out laughing. "Dude, you're so much shorter than everyone!"
Ben blushes through his fur before firing back. "Well, the watch turns me into the apex of the species, so that's probably a good thing!"
Rook coughs to gain everyone's attention. "My apologies sir, but I must ask that you refrain from using contractions, at least while in that form. It is considered lazy and rude among my people."
Ben looks mortified. "Oh, sorry, I had no idea. I will keep that in mind."

Ben looks up at his grandpa. "The new partner might not be ideal, but I can kind of understand where you are coming from on this. I will try my best to work with him."
Grandpa Max nods, seemingly satisfied. "Good. In the meantime, I'll have some space modified to house my grandkids." He leaves
Ben looks at his team, plus Julie. "You guys go home, I am going to stay behind and train with the new guy."
While his friends leave, Rook gives Ben a perplexed look. "You wish to train with me?"
Ben nods. "I mean, yeah, who would know how to train a Revonnahgander than another, more experienced Revonnahgander? Plus, I want to see this guys ultimate."
Rook tilts his head in confusion. "Ultimate?"
Ben looks up at Rook with a smirk. "You are in for a treat my friend."

At the training area, Ben and Rook are facing off without any weapons. "I believe I should be briefed on the term ultimate under your earlier context before we begin."
Ben smirks at his opponent. "I believe in learning on the job. Now think fast." Ben dashes at Rook much faster than he could as a human. Caught off guard by the lack of official announcement, Rook gets punched in the face, sending him stumbling back. "I do not believe you announced the start of the fight."
Ben smirks at him. "Rule number one of being a plumber, the bad guys fight dirty, so you have to be ready at all times."
He runs at Rook again, who catches the fist and trios Ben, sending him to the floor. "Duly noted. Although I am still curious about this ultimate you speak of."

Ben stands and looks up at Rook. "You are really curious about that." He shrugs. "If you insist." He slams the Ultimatrix dial and its prongs extend while Ben undergoes a transformation in a wave of green light. The new form is very similar to Ben's base form, although while he is still lithe and skinny, he is taller than Rook, and is even more panther like. The small claws he possessed before have Eli heated to be more intimidating and he had a stripped feline tail swaying behind him. And y'all remember Rook when he was a bro? Give him that hair. He looks himself over. "Now we are talking! I think I will call it, Ultimate Ben Rook!"

(Placeholder name. If you want something better, I will take suggestions.)