02. peach tree - act II.

It's late when they finish studying.

Not late, but later than Jeongguk would have thought. He kind of blames it on doing it all at the last minute, or maybe it's just that Math fucking sucks.

If he asked Taehyung, Taehyung would probably say both. Jeongguk can't help but agree with him.

Taehyung helps Minho do his homework while Jeongguk cooks pasta. They're in Taehyung's kitchen. Taehyung and Minho's parents haven't returned home yet, and Taehyung's too busy to cook. At the same time, Minho's hungry. Taehyung has said he isn't, but Jeongguk knows it when Taehyung lies.

"I can't understand it."

Jeongguk hears Minho whining. He looks back and sees Minho shooting a bad glance at his textbook. Taehyung notices that Jeongguk's watching them and smiles while dramatically rolling his eyes. Jeongguk's lips curl upwards.

"It's easy."

"It's not."

"It is."

"For you."

"It's easy, Minho. Just- try again, okay?"

Jeongguk hears the sound of the chair moving when Taehyung stands up, and Minho snorts. "Jeongguk, can you help me?"

Jeongguk glances at Taehyung. He's right beside him and he's looking, curious, at the pasta. He mimics 'Spaghetti?' with his lips. Jeongguk follows the move with care and then nods. Jeongguk nods in the direction of the pasta and then goes to sit beside Minho.

Minho is looking at him with pleading eyes. "I can't understand it. Taehyung can't explain Math."

"I hear you ."

"I don't care," says his brother. Jeongguk smiles a little and lets Minho take his hand to move it over the problem which is causing him trouble. Jeongguk reads it in silence. He feels Minho's eyes on him.

" So? Can you help me?"

"Yes. But did you study the formulas?"

Minho simply looks at him, confused. "You need what?"

"Formulas."

"Are there formulas in Math?" He asks, horrified. Taehyung chuckles and Jeongguk does the same. "It's not funny. What do they do?"

Jeongguk shrugs. "They help you resolve this problem. And this is not properly Math, it's geometry."

Minho frowns. "I don't like geography."

"Geometry."

"I don't know what it is."

Taehyung intervenes. "Do you pay attention in class?"

Jeongguk laughs when Minho shakes his head. Taehyung opens his mouth to reproach him, but Jeongguk is faster. "Looks like you're similar to your brother."

Minho smirks. The look in his eyes is mischievous. "Mom and dad will be happy to know this, Taehyung."

"Don't call me by my full name," replies Taehyung. He waits until Minho is not looking at him anymore to do the middle finger to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk cocks an eyebrow and then glances at the clock on the wall. "Time to drain the pasta."

Taehyung nods. It's silent when Taehyung drains the pasta until it isn't. A car is parking in the garage. Minho's eyes glitter with joy. "Mom and dad are home."

Taehyung doesn't look at Jeongguk and Minho. "Yeah."

Jeongguk sits straight on the chair while Minho fidgets beside him. When the front door opens, Minho jumps off the chair and runs towards it. Jeongguk catches a glimpse of Taehyung's mother. She's wearing a white dress, and her wavy hair is partially collected. She sees Jeongguk too.