ch4 getting to know each other

Clive pov

Oh my moon goddess why did you have to play such a prank on me not only my mate is from the enemy pack but also the FUTURE ALPHA!!.I don't think he would like me as his mate and might reject me for sure.My wolf felt really sad when our mate couldn't feel the sparks that we felt during our handshake. I was saddened to know what my mate's father did to him. But I smiled kindly to cheer him up.

As I was in my thoughts I suddenly realised I haven't asked my mate about his age. I moved from my chair towards the fireplace where my mate was sitting and I asked him in a gentle voice

"How old are you ?"

He looked at me for a second expression less and then turned his face towards the fire and answered

"I'll be 18 in 2 weeks."

In two weeks I thought to myself. That means I have to make sure he escapes before that unnoticed. I can't handle him reject me,not at this point in my life. I was still admiring Xander's long lashes, thick muscles that made him look strong, his dark black shiny hair and sharp jawline. I was so mesmerized by his looks that I didn't hear him say something to me. I snapped myself back to reality and found Xander staring right into my eyes. I blushed and averted my gaze. He scoffed.

"May I know your personal reasons to help me?" He asked.

I contemplated a lot whether to tell him or not. As I sighed it wouldn't matter even if I let him know this because at last he is going to leave in next 2 weeks.

"It's because I hate my Alpha for killing my family and I hate my pack mate's who treat me like shit" I told him at last I lifted my face to see his expression, most people would just pity me but he just looked a little shocked.

"Why did he kill him?" He asked calmly his deep voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Because my father didn't want that man to be the Alpha. Our Alpha treats our pack members as shit and only thinks of himself that's why he doesn't care about the dead warriors in the war" I answered.

"Hmm, are you really an omega?" He hesitantly questions me without looking me in the eye as if afraid to offend me.

I started to laugh at his cute childlike behaviour. Unable to control myself I rolled myself onto the floor holding my stomach tightly. I don't remember after how long have I laughed like this.

"Don't laugh at me" he snorted puffing his face

"Okay okay I just couldn't help myself when seeing you like that and yes I am an omega a weaker one because my parents were betas so my pheromones are a lot weaker than other omegas." I replied

Looking at him I realised I haven't asked him about his wounds so I moved myself of the floor onto the sofa, Xander was lazing and asked him about it. He replied it would heal soon as he is of alpha blood.

But I was still a bit hesitant so I decided to go to the market and buy him some medicines to ease his pain. Seeing me move and trying to make my way towards the door. Xander spoke:

"Where are you going?"

I chuckled and Said:

"What you don't trust me and think I am going to call someone?"

His eyes just wavered and he smiled and said:

"I don't think you'd be that stupid to save an enemy just to report him."

I was happy to know that my mate atleast trusted me a little so I told him my purpose of going outside to which he also wanted to come. He said he wanted to know more about the enemy territory.

Although I was still unsure of this situation but let him accompany me because I can just cover his face with thick layers of clothing and in this snow nobody will notice him anyway.

Our visit to market was awkward as I had to continuously make sure nobody noticed us. But it felt quite good as I was holding his hands tight so as to keep him in check. Fortunately he didn't mind me holding his hand and stuck close to me during the whole tour around the market.