slipping through my fingers

Shock spreads all over my face. Why would she want to see him? Did he threaten her again?

"Robbie- I-why?"

"I want to talk to him, figure things out? Please baby, just one time."

What more was there to figure out? They were engaged, they broke up. I was completely silent, not knowing what exactly to say. I didn't want her to be near him, but at the same time I couldn't say no.

Taking a deep breath, "When do you want to see him?"

"I was thinking tomorrow if thats okay." She says, holding my hand.

"Okay, alright."

"Yay! Thank you Y/n."

I hum, just wanting to go to sleep at this point. "Goodnight Liz."

"Goodnight.."

~

The next morning, I woke up to an empty spot beside me. Allowing myself to fully awaken, I immediately sit up. Slipping on my glasses, I head downstairs, hoping to find my girlfriend there. Nothing but pure emptiness and silence. Walking into the kitchen, I see a note on the fridge.

hi baby,

i had to go out, your probably wondering where I am. I decided to go to robbie's early. ill see you later.

lizzie

The thought of her being with Robbie right now made my fists clench. I kept rereading the note over and over again, my heart beating faster everytime. My mind was clouded by every worst case scenario, only making my anxiety worse. I could feel myself developing a headache due to the stress.

Heading back upstairs, I decided to take a cold shower, in hopes of it making me feel better. Stepping inside, I allowed the chilling water to run against my face, feeling the stress leave my body. Once getting out, like I thought, I felt much more relaxed. It was Saturday, meaning I had a whole day of free time.

After putting on a pair of jeans and a tee, I headed back downstairs to grab a bite to eat.

Settling on the couch, I decided to call the twins. I missed them, and I definitely needed some advice on the whole Robbie situation.

"Hi Y/n! What's up?"

"Hey Ash, is Mk there?"

"One sec, I'll call her."

"Y/n!" I hear Mk say.

I took a deep breath before saying anything. "I uh-I need some advice."

"What happened? Is it something with Lizzie?" Ash asks.

"Yeah. She-..she went to see Robbie."

I hear them both gasp, trying to take in what I just said.

"What the fuck!?" Mk says, "Why the hell would she go back to see him?"

"Something about figuring out things. I just- I can't help but feel like she is ashamed to be with me.. or if I did something wrong."

"Y/n, you have done nothing wrong. You've been patient and understanding with her. Our sister has never been good at dealing with new things."

"Thank you Mk. I just..-it's not her I don't trust, it's Robbie."

"Me too. Robbie has always been suspicious, ever since they first started dating. Me nor Ash never liked him." Mk explains.