It was you.

A little Good Witch character intros:

Cassie Nightingale: I explained her earlier: What you do need to know is that she has a stepson, Brandon Russell, who is a police officer.

Sam Radford: Middleton's local Doctor. He was a huge deal in New York. Head of the ER, he was a trauma surgeon for ten years before he decided he needed to slow down after he divorced and spend time with his is also Cassie's next door neighbor.

Derek Sanders: Middleton's Chief of Police, was Jake Russell's (Cassie's late husband) right hand man when Jake was Chief, now he's taken his place.

Grey's Anatomy Character intro: 

Meredith Grey: A surgeon from Seattle,  Meredith married Derek Shepherd, a neurosurgeon. They had two children, Zola, 4, (adopted) and Bailey, 2.  Derek Shepherd died tragically just weeks ago in a car accident.

Carolyn Maloney: Carolyn Maloney will become Carolyn Shepherd, Derek Shepherd's Mother and Meredith's Mother in Law. In this story, Carolyn was born and raised in Middleton, and she meets Derek's father Michael Shepherd. (Michael Shepherd later dies when Derek was just a young boy.)

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to leave a comment or question below..

Enjoy!

Carolyn opened her eyes slowly. Maybe he'd be gone. No such luck. He was still there, leaning over her.

Well at least he looked guilty. She briefly considered screaming in pain just to shock him, but... no that wouldn't be nice.

"That was some bump. I'm sorry." He said genuinely.

"I just..." Carolyn sat up slowly. Nothing really hurt except for some pain in her back from having the wind knocked out of her. "Why are you following me?" She was a blunt person, she wanted straight answers. He better give her a straight answer.

He shrugged and half smiled. "I dunno, you seemed nice. I just moved here yesterday. I don't know anybody."

"Oh." That was it? She seemed nice? He chased after her and flirted with her because she seemed nice?

He must've read her mind, because he elaborated. "Well, I like your hair... and your smile, it's huge. I think I could like you maybe. If you want me to." He looked over her to her bike and picked it up. The front tire was flat.

Carolyn sighed in disappointment. It was brand new! "My dad's going to kill me," she said.

"Nah. You're his little girl. If it was me though-" he made a gesture of a finger slashing over his throat.

Then he offered his hand to help her up. "I'm Michael Shepherd by the way."

She glared for a second, then decided to take his hand. "Carolyn. Maloney," she said as he pulled her up. "That's all you get for now. The rest you're going to have to earn."

xxx

Cassie paced in the waiting area, her usual calm leaving her every minute she waited. As far as she understood, the surgery to repair Grace's lung would be relatively simple and shouldn't take too long. Still, it was surgery and it was her daughter.

"Cassie!" Someone called.

She jerked her head up. "Brandon," she breathed at the sight of her stepson. In two steps he reached her in a huge hug, and she finally allowed herself to cry into his shoulder. "Grace... I... she..."